Wireless hotspots on sapphire

you_scrubb

Reaction score
My wireless tethering doesn't work with phone. I'm running sapphire with red theme and slayer 1200 kernel. I searched through the forums. Also i have a Droid 1. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sapphire normally requires a specific kernel to make wifi work. Ima move ur question to their section for further help.

hakaida

Reaction score
Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

The above program works for me. The one thing that I've found is that the first time you have to play with the settings and find a channel that connects to your laptop. It took me several tries to find one that worked with my laptop and now it's flawless. I wish it would have a scanning channel setting that would attempt to connect to your laptop until you find one that works then push a button to save it instead of manually having to change the channel until finding one that works.

captdroid

Reaction score
Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

The above program works for me. The one thing that I've found is that the first time you have to play with the settings and find a channel that connects to your laptop. It took me several tries to find one that worked with my laptop and now it's flawless. I wish it would have a scanning channel setting that would attempt to connect to your laptop until you find one that works then push a button to save it instead of manually having to change the channel until finding one that works.

This is available in the market

OP
you_scrubb

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I have that app already. Does anyone know what kernel I need to use. Also, is the upload or download supposed to be running when u first start it up? Because mine just stays on zero. And everytime I try and turn off the wireless it reboots my phone. I appreciate everyone for the help.

Sent from my Droid

OP
you_scrubb

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I guess that kernel was the key. Now its working great. Thanks!!!
Sent from my Droid