wiping device

metalmenance

Reaction score
Ok droid is great for couple weeks but past couple days been reseting more on me, figure might be apps i installed or something so i decide to do a hard reset, go through instructions it says all data wiped, etc etc reboot and starts up new, activate phone, setup email account yada yada looks like day 1 very cool, but NO!
all apps are still there and everything the same so i do another hard reset!
this time go through the activate, setup email, welcome to device blah blah and then still have old background but all apps are gone and then bam i get androidmarket backing up/reinstalling programs (didnt want that!) WTF!!! warns me all data will be deleted but dont delete!!???
any ideas before i go back to verizon store and start yelling at people???!!!

y6y6y6

Reaction score
It automatically reinstalls all your apps when you hard reset the phone. They are tied to your Google account. Just uninstall all your apps before you do the hard reset.

OP
metalmenance

metalmenance

Reaction score
I did a hard reset after about a week of owning it since i was playing around downloading alot of apps and wanted to clear it all out and everything was gone and had to reinstall apps i wanted from market, it looked like the day i bought it
but these 2 resets today no go it left it all the first time and then 2nd time it went through auto reinstall apps.....so 2 diff outcomes from same hard reset steps is what got me stumped...... what did i do different i wonder???? nothig at all i can tell

OP
metalmenance

metalmenance

Reaction score
Well I said hell with it and went to verizon store today and swapped out first droid for a brand new one, they did it no problem no hassles, very nice...
Told them it was resetting and I wanted a new one is all, the guy came out with brand new in box we activated it, no problems.
New one has a more responsive on/off button which was a surprise, camera looks like it takes a better picture and overall very snappy now. I had reset my old one once more like new and this one is still faster.
Funny thing was told the guy i wanted to wipe all my contacts n **** and he said he would do it fromt he settings, I had to stand there and tell him no and it had to be hard reset, he didnt know how and was going to call a tech until i grabbed it and told him to watch and learn..... I went through the process and hard reset it and he was amazed LOL LOL LOL
anyway so far so great with new one faster, more touch responsive and good pics, cant wait for the dec12 update and this will truly be a badass droid