WinMo to Droid Transfer

Inundated

Reaction score
I'd actually JUST started using my Google account to sync contacts/calendar with my Treo 700wx (WinMo). It made the change to Droid super easy...as everything was already there from the Treo!

OP
immobile

immobile

Reaction score
Contact transfer from G-mail accnt.

Thanks for that advice. I assume you have to have a Google account, which I do. Just not a G-mail accnt. set up. Do you just set up your G-mail contacts the way you want them to appear on your phones contact list ? Because to prior of having a device with WinMo 6.1 Pro., I would do that with my Yahoo account and download the Yahoo Go Ver. 2 app., and just synced them from that app., on the phone and they went right to my contact list. Easy set up. Is that how it works with G-mail - the app. I mentioned (Yahoo Go) ?
Thanks !

Inundated

Reaction score
You need to get the WinMo phone going with Google Sync, which syncs contacts with Gmail. Check out the help files on Gmail to find that.

Then, when you sync your Droid to the same account, there come in the contacts! Woo hoo!

That's how it worked for me, at least.

OP
immobile

immobile

Reaction score
You need to get the WinMo phone going with Google Sync, which syncs contacts with Gmail. Check out the help files on Gmail to find that.

Then, when you sync your Droid to the same account, there come in the contacts! Woo hoo!

That's how it worked for me, at least.
I went to vzw today and had them transfer my Contacts from my Saga to the Droid.
A few days ago I opened a Gmail account, gathering NO contacts. The vzw guy said that the contacts are now also on my Gmail accnt. and the contacts on the Droid will automatically sync to my accnt. daily at a set time. Much like WinMo's Microsoft Mobile does by backing up most off your contact, daily, to a Microsoft site. It even has a "Locator" program in it providing it was stolen as well as a setting that will delete ALL your info on the phone. Probably do a factory reset, which is cool. Before I went to vzw to have it done I called to confirm they will do it, and also asked if the Droid had a program / app. that works like and / or is Back up Assistant and he said Yes. Whan I got there I found out different. Just hope this will work. I was also thinking, If needed, to log into my Microsoft Mobile Accnt. and Export my Contacts from there, but I'm Lost when it comes to all these various Export Files...

Inundated

Reaction score
OK, you kinda go back and forth here, so let's try to figure this out:

It sounds like the VZW store manually transferred your contacts into the Droid from the Samsung phone.

Once they did that, the contacts should go off and sync to the Gmail account attached to your phone, assuming they set it up that way. So, you have them on both the Droid and on Google.

I came in the other way. I set up Google Sync on the WinMo phone, had it grab the WinMo contacts and populate Gmail, then when I first set up the Droid with the same Gmail account, it grabbed the contacts there.

Either way, it should work.

Modulus

Reaction score
If you don't figure this out, let me know, I'll help you. I used about 6 or 7 years worth of windows mobile devices before i got the Droid, i've got plenty of experience syncing contacts and the like..

amajamar

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here on the forum. I am almost ready to make my order to Verizon and am perusing to find some last minute answers to questions I have.

I too am going from WinMo to Droid and want to confirm how to transfer my contacts to it. I do not sync my WinMo phone (XV6800) with my Outlook on my pc, but I do want to transfer all of my phone numbers only. I don't want to sync a thousand email addresses that are on my pc to the phone.

Do I sync the gmail account with my phone and transfer the contacts that way?

Any help on this subject will be appreciated!

Thanks!