windows 7 wont mount

dawgintn

Reaction score
got a buddy who is having problems getting his droid to mount to windows 7. He has talked to verizon who then sent him to motorola. Motorola saids the droid wont work on windows 7. I used 7 and my droids mounts prefect, he has tried to download the drives for it but cant get it to work. can anybody please help

Thanks

dverplank

Reaction score
Windows 7 takes a Loooooooooong time to install device drivers for the droid the 1st time

OP
D

dawgintn

Reaction score
My droid mounts to Windows 7 perfectly too. After he plugs it into the computer, is he selecting the mount option on his droid?

yes i may should he was doing that. He been trying since friday to get it to work. i dont know

wickedkae

Reaction score
Mine works fine on 7. Only problem I have is that if i unmount it and want to remount it i have to pull the physical usb cable out and replug it in. For some reason it wont remount unless I do this.

Otherwise windows 7 works just fine with droid.

mattygabe

Reaction score
I'd imagine at least half of you are using the 64-bit version of Win7, correct?

OP
D

dawgintn

Reaction score
I'd imagine at least half of you are using the 64-bit version of Win7, correct?

yes If we cant get it figure out my tomorrow he going back to verizon. I dont know what it could be.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
No problems with 84 (or 86, or 32) windows 7 on my desktop, nor my windows 7 64 laptop.

mclarryjr

Reaction score
I haven't had any problem with my windows 7 and droid. Are you trying to mount the sdcard or are you using adb?

OP
D

dawgintn

Reaction score
Try and mount his droid on your win7?

we may try that. the problem is he lives 45 mins away, so we haven't had time to hook up and try yet. I told him to go over one of his closer buddies and see if it will mount to somebody elses computer, just to see if it is his phone or not.

mike_kauble

Reaction score
I have literally 3 comps running W7 and it mounts on all of them. Sorry. I did need to install the driver from Motorola's site in order to get some of the advanced link-ups to work.