Windows 7 will not sync with my Droid

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
No matter what I try, Windows 7 64 bit will not sync with my Droid, when I plug it in it makes the droid noise, but when i tell it to mount it does not seem to mount. Windows recognizes it once in awhile, but when I click to open the folder it does not work. It does not appear in my computer, but does in device drivers, but it won't populate any information on it. I have the most recent drivers, and have even tried windows media player as well as the motorola medialink software. Please any suggestions are welcome, I really want to get some music on this beast

78racing

Reaction score
I would plug the droid in and then find the device driver, remove the device driver, restart windows and your Droid and try again. I had a problem with my droid and windows 7-64 at first and did that now she works like a charm. Do you have Itunes installed on your computer, I can not get Itunes to install on mine for nothing, keeps looking for keys that are not even in my registry.

alm0614

Reaction score
i have win 7, 64 bit.. no problem with itunes or droid connecting.

Reaction score
Hm that is really weird. I have Win 7 64 bit and there was never a problem that I can remember. Everything went very smooth. I would have to say the same thing that 78 is saying. Get rid of the drivers and then reinstall them.

Scribble

Reaction score
Sounds like it's most likely a drive letter error.

Do this:

Mount the droid as usual.

Hit the windows key

Type Computer Management into the search box.

Hit enter.

When the computer management program launches on the left side, you'll see "Disk Management" in a list of menu options.

Click that.

Wait a moment and all the drives on your system will populate.

Scan through the list... you'll probably see your droid listed with no drive letter. Right click on it, and assign it a letter. (Use something later in the alphabet like S or Q or something.)

Now droid should show up.

Silver Member
Reaction score
just try a diff USB port. the driver has to reinstall for each USB port.

peegeejay

Reaction score
Settings for computer to recognize Droid X (Windows 7)

To get your computer to recognize the Droid X. Attach the USB cable to both the phone and your computer. Slide the Notification Screen down, select USB Connection, choose your setting and your good to go. My Computer did not recogize my Droid X because I had it set on Charge Only. It does recognize it in both PC Mode and USB Mass Storage. Haven't tried Windows Media Sync. :)