Will the razr and the rezound get nfc once they upgrade to ICS?

alienware777

Reaction score
Nfc isn't a software program, its hardware. They would have to be redesigned to have nfc in them before launch. So to answer your question, no, they will not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
credit card companies are now making a very small card to put behind your battery that will charge your card when you swipe your phone... but u can only use 1 credit card unlike the nfc.... the razr wont be capable of that either

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Carrydroid

Reaction score
Well from design and hardware I doubt both phone will come with/or support NFC but they may modify design for future phones and may enjoy NFC in future!

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
Will any of you consider not buying either phone because it does not have NFC? It's in my head now a bit cause I will be locking on a new contract for two years without this feature... I was leaning towards the razr but now I'm iffy....

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I will probably never use NFC aside from getting a phone and it just so happens to have it. And even then I would probably use it a handful of times for novelty factor.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will any of you consider not buying either phone because it does not have NFC? It's in my head now a bit cause I will be locking on a new contract for two years without this feature... I was leaning towards the razr but now I'm iffy....

unless you live in a major city that will have the technology for it I wouldn't make it a deciding factor

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
unless you live in a major city that will have the technology for it I wouldn't make it a deciding factor

I understand what you're saying because I myself won't use the feature that much but at the same time I love gadgets and its my hobby to own the latest and best...

Heywood

Reaction score
How many test bed cities are going to see nfc anyway?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I am planning on getting the Nexus which has NFC, do I plan on using it? Probably not. Something about keeping my credit card/debit card on a phone that's a bit unsettling. Is it a cool feature? No doubt and NFC has been around for awhile, but the fact that my card info will be on the phone and my phone is always connected, I feel there could be a greater chance of fraud. As someone who's experienced this twice (just my luck), I am cautious with my card info. No major damage to my credit or anything, but just small fees in Hawaii and Alaska, definitely not me. I'd rather not use a feature than go through canceling a card and starting a new account.

jkfoxworth

Reaction score
For the Razer - Bluetooth 4.0 might have some possibilities for utilizing a "pay by phone" with your credit card feature, I saw it some where, can't remember though (have looked at too much info on these phones over the past few weeks). Will probably go with the Nexus but wish it had Bluetooth 4.0, certainly some possibilities with that.