NFC for car docking?

husker_fan

Reaction score
Is there a way to set up an NFC so that it enables certain things when it is it the NFC, but then changes back after away from the NFC? Something very similar to the original car docks for droid 1 where the magnet would trigger something, but then go back after away from the magnet.

xtor

Reaction score
Is there a way to set up an NFC so that it enables certain things when it is it the NFC, but then changes back after away from the NFC? Something very similar to the original car docks for droid 1 where the magnet would trigger something, but then go back after away from the magnet.

You can buy nfc tags on ebay, they will active what ever you set them up to do.

ForumRunner_20140121_194122.png

8th Infantry division

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup easiest way is to do what xtor said. NFC tags don't get in the way of anything and can be quite helpful. I've messed around with a few, but ended up not using them as much and gave them away. I kinda regret it now and am considering picking up some new ones.

OP
H

husker_fan

Reaction score
How long do you have to hold the phone on one? Is it any where on the back of the phone or just the general area?

xtor

Reaction score
Does the moto x have nfc?, I don't know haven't owned that phone, I'm on a note 2 and it was a easy set up.

8th Infantry division

I looked it up and the moto x does have nfc....usually the are mounted inside the back cover.

8th Infantry division

OP
H

husker_fan

Reaction score
I ended up getting a kenu air frame. Works good, I had an NFC on it, but it kept switching back and forth when the screen would turn on or off. Might have to put an NFC somewhere in the vehicle or figure out the magnet in the moto x.