Will my purchased apps transfer?

honez1414

Reaction score
My USB port was damaged on my Motorola Droid. I am acting on the warranty and getting a new phone. Will my paid apps transfer? For example, I purchased PhoneMyPC. Does my SD card carry that over? Or do I have to manually move the app from phone storage to SD storage? Sorry, I really have no idea what i'm doing.

Reaction score
I would for one just take the sd card on the current droid and move it to the new one. Plus yes your apps (paid) are bcked up through the google sync process.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your paid apps are backed up with Google. However you'll have to find all the free ones again :(

ricca218

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps,but when I went from the droid eris to the motorola droid, all I had to do was log into my gmail account. Once I did that I went to the app market and to my downloads and I could reinstall all of my purchases apps.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't know if this helps,but when I went from the droid eris to the motorola droid, all I had to do was log into my gmail account. Once I did that I went to the app market and to my downloads and I could reinstall all of my purchases apps.

Thats the way it works....

Reaction score
Yes. You are safe. Google remembers what you have purchased and you can always re-download it, forever. The connection is via your Google Checkout account; use the same account as before, and you're golden.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch