Low storage space

alexh0419

Reaction score
My wife has a motorola droid, its been a good phone for a long time now it says low storage space. Stuff won't update, stuff won't sync sometimes. Any ideas? She has a 16gb memory card but apparently stuff won't save to it? I've transfered alll the apps that allow to be saved to sd card and she still only has 25mb of phone storage avalible... thank you for any input.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jet

Reaction score
I eventually had to start removing apps that I wasn't really using.

Rooting and installing CM7 helped as it allowed me to move more to the SD card and eliminate the remaining bloatware. But with only 256MB to begin with, it doesn't take long to fill up.

OP
alexh0419

alexh0419

Reaction score
Thanks a lot jet, ill give that a shot, how do I go about rooting and dowloading the cm7?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you have any questions about it, just post them in that thread. There's usually some very talented folks there to help if you need it.;)

OP
alexh0419

alexh0419

Reaction score
If you have any questions about it, just post them in that thread. There's usually some very talented folks there to help if you need it.;)

Thanks alot I apperciate it

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me, but I discovered the reason when I used the Disk Usage app. It showed that I had 30mb of emails (1,700+) on the stock email that had been deleted, but were still in the phone. I ended up clearing my account and deleting all data. Gave me a lot of room fast. Ended up using K-9; it still fills up, but at least you have the option to empty the trash all at once (stock is one at at time)

CHuntMD

Reaction score
Delete some pictures / vids then move as many apps as you can to the sdcard

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

LuvMusic

Reaction score
This thread got me wondering about the internal memory on my OG. WHen I checked I was surprised to see I only had about 42mb left. Check Apps under settings and discovered a lot of apps caching some big chunks of data. Cleared the caches and now have a little over 100mb. Amazing!! You may want to check the caches on the apps installed on your wife's OG, there seems to be some "piggy" apps out there.