Will google come back strong

Nedaroth

Reaction score
The weak sales of the Nexus One can also be attributed to the success of previous Android handsets. While Google may not have put any effort into marketing the Nexus One, Verizon launched an all-out marketing offensive to promote the Motorola Droid prior to its launch. That was only a couple months ago.

The Droid sold more than 12 times the Nexus One in its first week as a result. The fallout of that for the Nexus One, though, is that a quarter million users, who may have been a prime market for the Nexus One, just bought cutting edge Android-based handsets with Verizon. The Droid will get the Android 2.1 update in the near future, so there is little to compel any of them to drop the Droid in favor of the Nexus One.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon put around $80 million into an advertising campaign for the Droid, so I would hope that it had much better sales than the Nexus.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon put around $80 million into an advertising campaign for the Droid, so I would hope that it had much better sales than the Nexus.

Exactly...VZW spent the $$ to make the $$...and that they did! Google didnt put that much advertising into it because theyre an internet company...and any and all ads that were out there, were only online...that made a huge difference in sales. But, I would say that whenever the N1 comes to VZW it should do a lot better...it still wont do that good in my opinion...just for the simple fact of all its hype being died down by that time...but if Google wouldve partnered with VZW again and released the N1 that way, I bet it wouldve generated sales close to the Droid...