Wii U or not Wii U

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Speaking of Zelda have you played skyward sword yet? Pretty awesome I'd say. This one was hard starting up for me but once it got going boy was it great. I think Nintendo has finally crafted characters in Zelda that will work for years now. I love the cartoony overall theme of the games. It has more charm then say when Zelda attempts at being dark. Like in twilight, never again should the overall theme be dark in a Zelda game until it deems necessary. On wii u I think they should keep the look and make bigger games.

Sent from my DROID3
Have not had a chance to get my hands on Skyward Sword yet. Twilight Princess I thought was great, a much darker more "mature" game compared to Zelda's of the past. It was a great game, but the wolf form was a bit questionable, near the end of the game was more enjoyable to me.

I haven't played Wind Waker either yet, the cartoony look is great, but I'm not used to it. The trailer for Skyward Sword looked awesome though, wish I had time to play, but school is about to get real hectic with finals around the corner:frown:

Be sure to visit our Sister Site dedicated to the Wii U

Wii U Forum

I didn't even know we had a sister forum about the wii u:hail:

Arodnum1

Reaction score
High launch price definitely hurt Nintendo's sales. I'm glad they were quick to address that and dropped the price. Because of that price drop their sales went up significantly from what I read and now they can concentrate more on the games coming out.

I'm not a fan of anything 3d, it's a gimmick that has failed time and time again. I only played with a 3ds maybe a total of 15 minutes on 3 or so different occasions, but the 3d part of it i found disappointing and a bit of a headache. Once your eyes adjust to it after a couple seconds (for me at least), i could see some fun uses of it, but I was playing mediocre demo games so I wasn't impressed. Better games have come out since then, but I have yet to try them out. Seeing the commercial for Mario Kart the other day got me thinking about it again though. Used to play Mario Kart DS for hours and would love to play a new version of it

I totally agree with the 3d being gimmicky, I hate that evo 3d and the 3ds, if I got one I would get a dsi xl

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I totally agree with the 3d being gimmicky, I hate that evo 3d and the 3ds, if I got one I would get a dsi xl

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Well you can turn the 3d completely off and the games are still impressive. The last game I remember was a racing game, 3d gave it a cool effect, but I can't imagine playing on 3d mode more than 10 minutes. Still about gameplay with nintendo and it's pretty solid from the small demos I've played. Now if a demo unit had Zelda I don't know if I'd ever get off.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Have not had a chance to get my hands on Skyward Sword yet. Twilight Princess I thought was great, a much darker more "mature" game compared to Zelda's of the past. It was a great game, but the wolf form was a bit questionable, near the end of the game was more enjoyable to me.

I haven't played Wind Waker either yet, the cartoony look is great, but I'm not used to it. The trailer for Skyward Sword looked awesome though, wish I had time to play, but school is about to get real hectic with finals around the corner:frown:

I didn't even know we had a sister forum about the wii u:hail:

Don't sleep on the cel-shading graphics. Some of the greatest games of the series. Wasn't too big of fan of twilight.

The sister forum needs an app.

Sent from my DROID3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't sleep on the cel-shading graphics. Some of the greatest games of the series. Wasn't too big of fan of twilight.

The sister forum needs an app.

Sent from my DROID3
Oh no not hating, I'm just not used to seeing it. I did play 4 swords? on the DS and it was great fun, but I thought it would be something Nintendo moved away from. Outside of becoming a wolf I really liked the looks of Twilight. Graphics are only one factor of games, and gameplay more than makes up for it when it comes to a Zelda game. Zelda I always found to be aimed more towards a mature audience, the cel-shading just seems to make it aimed more towards kids. Nothing wrong with it, just can't see it really fitting Zelda, definitely get around to it one day lol.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Oh no not hating, I'm just not used to seeing it. I did play 4 swords? on the DS and it was great fun, but I thought it would be something Nintendo moved away from. Outside of becoming a wolf I really liked the looks of Twilight. Graphics are only one factor of games, and gameplay more than makes up for it when it comes to a Zelda game. Zelda I always found to be aimed more towards a mature audience, the cel-shading just seems to make it aimed more towards kids. Nothing wrong with it, just can't see it really fitting Zelda, definitely get around to it one day lol.

Oh no lol. Kids with cel-shading sure I'll give you that one. I think it adds charm to the games and I hope they continue on with the WiiU as well. Zelda is a puzzle solver and the most important thing that keeps me around. I think most kids wouldn't find it interesting to say the least because its kind of difficult and you could get lost easily. Mario is the same way. Galaxy has beautiful graphics but it can become frustrating later on. I think people get so wrapped up in looks to truly appreciate what the game is really doing. It should be apparent by now twilight is my least liked Zelda because it seemed so hard trying to be OoT and it failed.

Sent from my DROID3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah I haven't really seen any kids play Zelda tbh, always thought it'd be a bit too complex for most of'em. Mario at least kids can have fun stomping on goombas and all that, though that game can get quite difficult as you mentioned, love it though.

As for another Zelda surpassing OoT, not going to happen. That game is legendary and destroyed any rating scale 13 or 14 years ago and still surpasses many games today. Unfortunately Nintendo set the bar so high that it can't even beat it themselves no matter how good the next version of Zelda is. Twilight was trying to be a darker version of OoT and that didn't work out. Zelda needs to be taken in a different direction with some twists like cel-shading in skyward sword and new characters to lose the head-to-head comparison with OoT. OoT is way too nostalgic and really opened up the genre, no other game will be able to surpass it I think.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
It needs a change of formula. Skyward sword is a great change in the right direction as far as controls though. OoT IMHO has been surpassed BUT only due to it laying the foundation.

Sent from my DROID3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Skyward Sword is taking the right direction to freshen up the series, but kinda hard to change the formula for Zelda, or any other Nintendo game. That's what's great about Nintendo, keep the same basic formula as games of the past, yet add things to freshen it up, look at Super Mario Galaxy and the newest Donkey Kong, both are tons of fun imo:hail:

I haven't gotten my hands on SS yet, but hopefully will in about 2 weeks when school is over.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yeah man past them test.

When I said formula I was referring to its predictability. There is always 3 major items you obtain before the story truly opens up. Stuff like that.

Sent from my DROID3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah man past them test.

When I said formula I was referring to its predictability. There is always 3 major items you obtain before the story truly opens up. Stuff like that.

Sent from my DROID3

Now I gotcha. Yeah that was always the problem with zelda games, and it's certainly expected now. Don't know how they'd change that though...

As for finals, yeeahhhh I'll get around to studying next week:p