Wii U or not Wii U

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I'm probably the only person in these forms happy about the wii u. I think nintendo will finally get it back on track.
Sent from my DROID3

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have they announced a price? I'm not sure I want my six year old in control of anything with a touchscreen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Have they announced a price? I'm not sure I want my six year old in control of anything with a touchscreen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nintendo said it was going to be $300+. Though with how the 3DSs launch price was they may lower it.

Me... I guess so. As a video game I get most of the stuff. The Wii U has some interesting features, but I wonder how it will stack up with the next xbox and PS4. Nintendo doesn't reveal much about their hardware so it's hard to see how it compares.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Not yet but I can't wait to get one.

Sent from my DROID3

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Nintendo said it was going to be $300+. Though with how the 3DSs launch price was they may lower it.

When did they say that?

Sent from my DROID3

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
When did they say that?

Sent from my DROID3

Interviews from the unveiling at this years E3. They never gave a price, but they said it wouldn't be cheap. Let me look around.

Price mix up. Iwata said it will be over $250.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-08-iwata-wii-u-price-likely-over-USD250?

Last edited:
OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Probably because the tech is affordable now. To me Nintendo has made so wise decisions.

Sent from my DROID3

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't heard a thing about the Wii U ever since E3. The idea behind it is awesome, to be able to play between a home console and portable (Super Smash Bros. on Wii U & 3ds). Also continuing your game on your controller sounds great, but that possibly limits the system in the graphics department (not like it really matters with Nintendo quality of games).

I don't know if it's a big enough leap from the Wii for me to immediately get one like I've done with home consoles of the past. I mean the Wii was collecting dust for the longest time until recently for me.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Originally I was psyched, but after the 3DS, which I maintain was a total failure, nintendo had sort of lost me, the Wii was ok but very game specific, the Wii-u has potential, but i'm personally too on the fence to say yay or nay, I do have high hopes though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Originally I was psyched, but after the 3DS, which I maintain was a total failure, nintendo had sort of lost me, the Wii was ok but very game specific, the Wii-u has potential, but i'm personally too on the fence to say yay or nay, I do have high hopes though

I wouldn't say it was a total failure, it just lacked quality games. The price had alot to do with it, which is why there was such a huge price drop in such a short amount of time, but this winter lineup of games looks very very good. I almost bought one yesterday, but I feel a redesign is coming in Q1 of 2012 and it was rumored a couple months back. I'll probably get one, just not quite yet. Unless I get one for christmas:p

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was a total failure, it just lacked quality games. The price had alot to do with it, which is why there was such a huge price drop in such a short amount of time, but this winter lineup of games looks very very good. I almost bought one yesterday, but I feel a redesign is coming in Q1 of 2012 and it was rumored a couple months back. I'll probably get one, just not quite yet. Unless I get one for christmas:p

You may be right not total failure, but a let down, but with the vita about to be released I'll wait it out, my friend bought a used 3ds for 230$ I think, he maintains it was a good choice even after we went to Nebraska furniture mart where it was on sale for 99.99 brand new

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You may be right not total failure, but a let down, but with the vita about to be released I'll wait it out, my friend bought a used 3ds for 230$ I think, he maintains it was a good choice even after we went to Nebraska furniture mart where it was on sale for 99.99 brand new

$230 used? Must've been like 2 weeks after it came out lol.

I own both a DS and psp, and though I haven't played either for well over a year, I always picked up the DS first. Why? Quality of games.

This is something Nintendo has over Microsoft and Sony. Sure both those companies have quality games, but the replay value isn't as great as Nintendo games. I love the Uncharted and Assassin's Creed series, but the most I've played of each game was maybe 2 or 3 times. I've replayed Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and some others at least 4-6 times. For some reason, I always found myself replaying Nintendo exclusives because of how well everything is tied together. The problem I think with the Sony/Microsoft is their exclusive are very story driven. The gameplay doesn't fall short by any means, but just the maps I guess aren't as nice in terms of gameplay. I've replayed AC series many times, but can't be sidetracked too long as almost all side-missions are the same, and the UC series has no side missions at all and treasure hunting can get a bit boring.

Nintendo's hardware may be weaker, but nothing matches the quality of games found on Nintendo systems. I admit I've used my ps3 for hundreds more hours than I ever did my Wii, but that's because I've turned to more of a sports game player. When I'm not playing nhl/nfl/nba then I'm probably on uc3 or one of the AC games. However, when I do fire up my Wii and get Mario Galaxy going, I'll play it for days without getting bored.

I'll get a 3ds someday, especially with games like Starfox, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, etc. on the system.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
$230 used? Must've been like 2 weeks after it came out lol.

I own both a DS and psp, and though I haven't played either for well over a year, I always picked up the DS first. Why? Quality of games.

This is something Nintendo has over Microsoft and Sony. Sure both those companies have quality games, but the replay value isn't as great as Nintendo games. I love the Uncharted and Assassin's Creed series, but the most I've played of each game was maybe 2 or 3 times. I've replayed Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, and some others at least 4-6 times. For some reason, I always found myself replaying Nintendo exclusives because of how well everything is tied together. The problem I think with the Sony/Microsoft is their exclusive are very story driven. The gameplay doesn't fall short by any means, but just the maps I guess aren't as nice in terms of gameplay. I've replayed AC series many times, but can't be sidetracked too long as almost all side-missions are the same, and the UC series has no side missions at all and treasure hunting can get a bit boring.

Nintendo's hardware may be weaker, but nothing matches the quality of games found on Nintendo systems. I admit I've used my ps3 for hundreds more hours than I ever did my Wii, but that's because I've turned to more of a sports game player. When I'm not playing nhl/nfl/nba then I'm probably on uc3 or one of the AC games. However, when I do fire up my Wii and get Mario Galaxy going, I'll play it for days without getting bored.

I'll get a 3ds someday, especially with games like Starfox, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, etc. on the system.

I do most definitely agree, Zelda and Mario are insurmountable icons in the vg world and I do love them too, but to each there own, i'm glad you get alot of enjoyment from your handheld, but it was a multitude of things, high launch price, jankey 3D (probably my messed up eyes admittedly), and titles like steel diver selling for $40, I admit it could have been awesome but to me it just wasn't, and he got it probably a month it so after they shipped

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I do most definitely agree, Zelda and Mario are insurmountable icons in the vg world and I do love them too, but to each there own, i'm glad you get alot of enjoyment from your handheld, but it was a multitude of things, high launch price, jankey 3D (probably my messed up eyes admittedly), and titles like steel diver selling for $40, I admit it could have been awesome but to me it just wasn't, and he got it probably a month it so after they shipped

High launch price definitely hurt Nintendo's sales. I'm glad they were quick to address that and dropped the price. Because of that price drop their sales went up significantly from what I read and now they can concentrate more on the games coming out.

I'm not a fan of anything 3d, it's a gimmick that has failed time and time again. I only played with a 3ds maybe a total of 15 minutes on 3 or so different occasions, but the 3d part of it i found disappointing and a bit of a headache. Once your eyes adjust to it after a couple seconds (for me at least), i could see some fun uses of it, but I was playing mediocre demo games so I wasn't impressed. Better games have come out since then, but I have yet to try them out. Seeing the commercial for Mario Kart the other day got me thinking about it again though. Used to play Mario Kart DS for hours and would love to play a new version of it

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Speaking of Zelda have you played skyward sword yet? Pretty awesome I'd say. This one was hard starting up for me but once it got going boy was it great. I think Nintendo has finally crafted characters in Zelda that will work for years now. I love the cartoony overall theme of the games. It has more charm then say when Zelda attempts at being dark. Like in twilight, never again should the overall theme be dark in a Zelda game until it deems necessary. On wii u I think they should keep the look and make bigger games.

Sent from my DROID3