WiFI

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hell two of my home screens are almost full now the other only has 1 row.

Agreed and it seems like alot of wasted space IMO, seems like you should be able to fit another row onto each screen.

Def agree with that. Sam though I prolly wouldn't need more then 3 screens if you could fit another row on each home screen.

Earthwalker

Reaction score
Also I understand we can not do voice and data. So if you want to check something online while talking you will need WiFi.

OP
C

ceeya

Reaction score
i didnt have a problem with data, just with voice being dropped...i need to give wifi a shot when i get a chance......thanks joe

andjarnic

Reaction score
Has anyone put the Power widget on one of their home screens? I did this.. and when I use it to turn wifi on/off, the indicator in the status area doesn't change. I thought it would update the status indicator right away. Anyone else seeing it not change.. or seeing it change right away?

Actually.. when my wifi is on.. and I use the power button to turn it off.. the icon disappears, and the 3G comes on pretty quick. It's when I turn wifi back on that the 3G stays and the wifi indicator never shows up. :(

Last edited:

insanexsi

Reaction score
You tube app on Droid under settings has an HD setting and it looks better.with out using WiFi

pwo

Reaction score
Has anyone put the Power widget on one of their home screens? I did this.. and when I use it to turn wifi on/off, the indicator in the status area doesn't change. I thought it would update the status indicator right away. Anyone else seeing it not change.. or seeing it change right away?

Actually.. when my wifi is on.. and I use the power button to turn it off.. the icon disappears, and the 3G comes on pretty quick. It's when I turn wifi back on that the 3G stays and the wifi indicator never shows up. :(

Yes sir, I use it.
For all that don't know there is a built in widget (called POWER CONTROL) for the Droid that will handle all your wireless setting: wifi, bluetooth, gps, sync, and backlight are all listed on this wigget therefore ellemonating the need for the toggles.

andjarnic: mine does change right away, well as soon as it connects to my network. Go to your settings menu, tap the wireless & networks, go to wifi settings and ensure the network notification check mark is highlighted. also check that your are actually connected to your network this info is on the same screen. If it is a secured network ensure you see it in the available network screen, select the network and type in your passcode.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i am having some issues with my droid hooking up to the router with ANY security in place..if i take the security off the router it works fine..as soon as i put the security back on the droid wont connect...any suggestions..?..what kind of routers are you all using...?

lemm1388

Reaction score
I'm not worried that much about the speed i'm worried about cost to content ratio-5gb is a joke of a cap- if i'm connected to wifi does it stop running off Verizon network for running things like Pandora- because in two days I've used about half a gig.

pwo

Reaction score
I'm not worried that much about the speed i'm worried about cost to content ratio-5gb is a joke of a cap- if i'm connected to wifi does it stop running off Verizon network for running things like Pandora- because in two days I've used about half a gig.

If you are on wifi it will not run on Verizon data. If you really want to be sure turn airplane mode on, then connect with wifi. Airplane mode completely turns off the cellular radio in your phone.

lemm1388

Reaction score
Sweet I already pay for wifi at my house why not use it. Now with Google voice I could just have the 30 dollar data plan and run everything through my google voice.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Can someone please explain what the benefits of wifi are with this phone...i do not get good reception in my part of the house. will this help and what are the benefits and downside to it...thanks

P.S. my back cover has fallen off the droid twice already...anyone else?

Yes, the back of my DROID did have a tendency to break loose at the most inopportune times, so I bent the tabs out a few degrees, and all is well now.

pwo

Reaction score

adam8ch

Reaction score
Sweet I already pay for wifi at my house why not use it. Now with Google voice I could just have the 30 dollar data plan and run everything through my google voice.

Google Voice App isn't a voip app.

lemm1388

Reaction score

Dude,

You may want to read this, I don't think you will have any problems:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/1031-misconceptions-unlimited-data.html

Then my local vzw store is run by idiots- I was told i'd have a 5gb cap and that the droid would not have wifi, I almost didn't buy the droid because of it