wifi won't kick in

bolden88

Reaction score
I can no longer get my wifi to tether with my laptop. The phone says it is tethering but there is no upload/download byte showing. The phone doesn't vibrate to say it is tethering. I go to my computer and am using ad-hoc (peer to peer), laptop says it is using androidtether. I click connect but nothing. Please help

thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a different tethering app. If that doesn't work, try a different kernel.

nothing0

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've tried both apps that I could find on the market. I used 3 versions from the google site with the .apk's.

I'm using BB froyo .21. with p3 kernal 1.250. You say try a different kernal. Does it matter if its LV or SV? Is there a Kernal you recommend?

FWIW I can connect to applications (any of them) but I can't get a ip or my computer uses a manual IP and I can't get anything (web pages) to load.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check your access control and either disable it, or make the proper exception for your machine's MAC.

nothing0

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. My access control is off. I installed the old tether app from april 28th 2.0. That seems to be working for now.

nothing0

Reaction score
After I rebooted the phone, it stopped working. Same issue. What did you mean by "proper exception for your machine's MAC"?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since your access control is off, it shouldnt matter. But if it were on, you'd want to add an exception for your NIC's MAC.