1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

wifi won't kick in

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by bolden88, Jun 5, 2010.

1. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

I can no longer get my wifi to tether with my laptop. The phone says it is tethering but there is no upload/download byte showing. The phone doesn't vibrate to say it is tethering. I go to my computer and am using ad-hoc (peer to peer), laptop says it is using androidtether. I click connect but nothing. Please help

thanks
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Try a different tethering app. If that doesn't work, try a different kernel.
  3. nothing0

nothing0 New Member

I have the same problem. I've tried both apps that I could find on the market. I used 3 versions from the google site with the .apk's.

I'm using BB froyo .21. with p3 kernal 1.250. You say try a different kernal. Does it matter if its LV or SV? Is there a Kernal you recommend?

FWIW I can connect to applications (any of them) but I can't get a ip or my computer uses a manual IP and I can't get anything (web pages) to load.
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Check your access control and either disable it, or make the proper exception for your machine's MAC.
  5. nothing0

nothing0 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. My access control is off. I installed the old tether app from april 28th 2.0. That seems to be working for now.
  6. nothing0

nothing0 New Member

After I rebooted the phone, it stopped working. Same issue. What did you mean by "proper exception for your machine's MAC"?
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Since your access control is off, it shouldnt matter. But if it were on, you'd want to add an exception for your NIC's MAC.
  8. nothing0

nothing0 New Member

I'm trying different kernals now, but still no luck.