WiFi tethering/hotspot blocks 3g service

obaja

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm pretty new to getting in depth with droids and I this has caused me to have a problem. I am trying to get WiFi hotspot working on my phone without the plan from verizon. I have my droid 3 rooted, have WiFi tether installed, unlimited data plan, 5.7.906 firmware, and have not got it working correctly.

I have connected my laptop successfully to my phone by WiFi hotspot and had the internet working intermittently.

First scenarioAfter i turn WiFi tether off the 3g service bar on the top right of my phone changes from blue to white and I then have to go about turning airplane mode on or off OR restarting my phone to get 3g service to come back on.

Second scenario Most of the time I turn on WiFi tether, connect my laptop to my Phone, then open my internet browser and I get the message that pops up saying "You do not have wifi hotspot set up, go to verizons page and sign up etc..."

I have gone in and made sure my phone had the entitlement check set to 0 instead of 1 and that check was ok.

Anyone have an idea why I'm running into this problem?
Any other solutions to get wifi tethering working with any other apps/hacks?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Download Power Toggles from the Play Store and set the Hotspot one to toggle the Stock app..... I know that is how some are doing it with the S3... Not sure how different the Droids are since they are VZW's baby but it might work.... Somehow it toggles it on the backside and bypasses the Subscription check......