WiFi Tethering Help!

Apota

Reaction score
I just rooted my original Droid phone according to the instructions I found here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

It all seemed to work fine.

I've installed both, "Open Garden WiFi Tether" and, "Barnacle Wifi Tether" and they both seem to be working fine with no errors, but my Toshiba Thrive Tablet doesn't see there SSIDs and I can't connect because of that. I have no idea what's wrong because both apps are running with no errors and it seems like they are granted superuser access. Can someone please help me? Thanks for your time!

OP
A

Apota

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually just tried that one too & I have the same problem. I wonder what's wrong. :(

BigRich93

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but for some odd reason I think it's Verizon.

EDIT: Nope it's definetly not Verizon. I used PDA Tablet and it works like a charm a little more work to get it connected but still works. PDANet Tablet (Beta)

Last edited:

pl4tinum

Reaction score
The problem is that the Thrive doesn't see Ad-Hoc networks. I am looking for a solution too.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
The problem is that the Thrive doesn't see Ad-Hoc networks. I am looking for a solution too.
Exactly. That is the nature of the beast with the Moto A855 as its hardware is limited in that way. Some devices will not be able to find the 'access point' and some will. It's a crap shoot.

Whitechapel

Reaction score
Open up WiFi Tether (I should note, the beta did NOT work for me, but 2.0.7 does), hit the Menu button, Settings, Menu button, (Re)-install binaries/config. See if that does anything for you.