Rooted but still no WiFi. Help!!!

Reaction score
Finally got my phone rooted and installed a couple of wifi tethering apps- Open Garden and Barnacle. I have the same problem with both of them. I can connect to the phone with both a Mac and a Windows PC, but when I open a web browser I'm told that I have no internet connection. Help me!! WiFi tethering is the only reason I rooted, so this is majorly frustrating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Hmm... can you ping the phone? Ipconfig? From the windows box obviously

OP
T
Reaction score
If you're rooted and running a WiFi tethering app, is it normal for the mobile hotspot icon to show in the notification bar?

OP
T
Reaction score
Still no luck. Am about ready to unroot and just pay for the damn mobile hotspot. My 4G is so much faster than my home internet, I would love to harness that speed for the rest of my home devices. A download that was going to take an hour on the computer took a couple of minutes on my bionic. I want that speed for everything!!

raygallion

Reaction score
I followed the steps in "How to get FREE Mobile Hotpot ...". From my Verizon Droid Pro, I was able to get connected to the mobile hotspot application for VZW. However, in the notification bar I keep getting icon to configure mobile hotspot which I already did by following instructions in article. When I attempt to access Internet from browser from my iPad, it continues to go to Verizon DUN website requesting that I sign up for monthly wifi service.

Please help! Is there a workaround? This used to work for me a few months ago even after the update to Android ver 2.3.3 (4.6.8.XT610)