Wifi tether not working (.902)

andlamv

Reaction score
okay after i came from hell and back to get my phone to update and rooted, I installed wifi tether and hacked the settings.db file and for some reason its not working this time. is there a way to wifi tether with .902 or is there an alternitive?

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
That link does not work..i tried installing it without hack and it did not work but i hacked it and its doing the same thing my computer connects to the phone but not internet it just says limited connection

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
Link fixed i installed that one and it still wont work

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
Thats what i did changed that entitlement check to 0 and it wont work

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
Yes sir:)

doubleapitt

Reaction score
I can't even find the com.motorola.android.providers settings.....there is a settings.db but it doesnt have the entitlement check....what should i do? I'm running .902 with ICS. HELP!

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Not sure what you are trying to do, I just tested the WIFI tether app to two devices (OG Droid1) that are WIFI only and connected to the internet... googled, checked email, update market apps and it works! Now if your trying to download chunks of data or stream video, maybe their's a limit, IDK. But the app works for me!

I just thought of something, are you running WIFI tether while using juice defender or data saver on?

Also, you could just go for FoxFi on the market some peeps in the link below seem to like it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/198053-free-wifi-tethering-app-3.html

Last edited:

Azbionic

Reaction score
I can't even find the com.motorola.android.providers settings.....there is a settings.db but it doesnt have the entitlement check....what should i do? I'm running .902 with ICS. HELP!

So you see the table but line #147 is missing? I'm on .902 OTA push (rooted prior too and post the push) and mine works perfectly. I used DB Browser (free on the market) it's a little quirky but eventually works to view/edit.

Did u use this method: http://droidbionicroot.com/droid-bi...i-tether-mobile-hotspot-on-your-droid-bionic/?

doubleapitt

Reaction score
I have that app, but it comes up with an error.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

doubleapitt

Reaction score