is there a simple root procedure for.902?

RitzCracker

Reaction score
I'm on vacation and have no computer for a week. I figured it'd be nice to root and get wifi hotpot so my wife doesn't use all her data (I'm unlimited).. is there a way to root without a computer on .902? Or a way to get wifi tether/hotpot without root (yeah right?)

Thanks for any info..

Kevin

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
FoxFi does not require root.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

RitzCracker

Reaction score
Sweet. That must be new. Wasn't anything available last time I looked. Thanks for the help!

gdsmith56

Reaction score
FoxFi does not require root.

WOW ... thanks TJK ... I've been wanting to enable the Wifi on my Bionic w/o paying the ridiculous additional fee and FoxFi works great. We are taking a trip and this will allow us to use the iPad and the apps I've already bought (RV/camping stuff) while travelling.

THANKS !

nkerzman

Reaction score
EasyTether also does not require root. The guided install works like a charm and the app is worth the $10. It works great for me.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
If you decide to root for some other reason, there is a one-click method for .902. See this thread for details.

OP
R

RitzCracker

Reaction score
Well just overnight me a pc and i'll get right on that. :)

davoIII

Reaction score
If you decide to root for some other reason, there is a one-click method for .902. See this thread for details.

Don't know if its just me but I followed the vid I found on YouTube that shared the same link & I wouldn't work, when I download the file it brings up win zip I open the folder then run bat after the phone is plugged in & it says it fails, any suggestions? & will this wipe everything? I used another method on my razr I don't recall if it did but i'm just trying to root my dads bionic on .902 any help plz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Don't know if its just me but I followed the vid I found on YouTube that shared the same link & I wouldn't work, when I download the file it brings up win zip I open the folder then run bat after the phone is plugged in & it says it fails, any suggestions? & will this wipe everything? I used another method on my razr I don't recall if it did but i'm just trying to root my dads bionic on .902 any help plz

Do you have ISBN debug mode enabled, and have the USB mode set to charge only?

gsDroid

Reaction score
Google 'motofail for bionic' and you will get to the proven method for rooting .902. Previous methods no longer work with .902.

davoIII

Reaction score
Yes i even tried in USB mass storage & charge only, do i'm watching the video I think I know what I did wrong, so I will ask. if i'm correct the file to download is a zip file I didn't extract it would that be an issue

eye_dea

Reaction score
Yes. Extract zip into 1 folder then double click run.bat