Wifi tether without root?

andlamv

Reaction score
I wondering is there a way to Wifi tether without a root and not paying Verizon?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lykofos

Reaction score
That's a negative ghostrider. You need root for any of the Wifi tether apps to work that aren't verizon mobile hotspot.

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
If I decide to root probably after update what one would you recommend

lykofos

Reaction score
Here's the one I have installed and I've used it to tether a laptop and PS3. Works great and is easy to use / setup.
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Disclaimer: it is against Verizon terms of service to tether w/o paying extra for their mobile hotspot service and if you get caught, they could cancel your contract. Although I've read if you stay under 5 or 6 GB a month chances of your account being flagged / investigated are slim.

Personally, I think it's a bunch of BS though. I pay for the data on the phone, so I should be able to use my paid for data in whichever manner I so choose w/o paying extra to use it in a specific way. That's like selling a customer a spoon and making them pay extra to use the spoon for anything other than eating soup. Ridiculous. Viva la Résistance!

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
Thanks dude that last part was funny:)

wseyller

Reaction score
Any tethering using the the wireless radio requires root. That is unless you pay the man.

FATRAY

Reaction score
Here's the one I have installed and I've used it to tether a laptop and PS3. Works great and is easy to use / setup.
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Disclaimer: it is against Verizon terms of service to tether w/o paying extra for their mobile hotspot service and if you get caught, they could cancel your contract. Although I've read if you stay under 5 or 6 GB a month chances of your account being flagged / investigated are slim.

Just to let you know, I went a little bit over 30 gigs 2 months ago. So far nothing bad. :icon_eek: