Wifi not working well with D-Link 4500

slalomx

Reaction score
Set up a new D-Link 4500 router, running it at 2.4 Ghz and WAP security. Seems to be working fine with my laptops, but is not working well with my Droid. It connects fine, but there is a communication problem as pages will barely load and time out. I used one of the Speed Test apps, and once it finally starts going, the download and up speed are great. The problem seems to be in the latency/ping. Right now trying to use Wifi is useless because everything just hangs. Is there a known issue with Wifi and D-link or a particular security setting like WAP?

huskur

Reaction score
Set up a new D-Link 4500 router, running it at 2.4 Ghz and WAP security. Seems to be working fine with my laptops, but is not working well with my Droid. It connects fine, but there is a communication problem as pages will barely load and time out. I used one of the Speed Test apps, and once it finally starts going, the download and up speed are great. The problem seems to be in the latency/ping. Right now trying to use Wifi is useless because everything just hangs. Is there a known issue with Wifi and D-link or a particular security setting like WAP?

First things first.....if it is a new router make sure you are broadcasting in "G" and not "N". I have a d-link router that will broadcast in both "N and G bands" (you can check this in the routers webpage, i think for d-link it is 192.168.0.1)

2nd...this usually will fix the issue. You need to unplug the router and let it sit without power for about 30 seconds and then boot it back up and it will "refresh" its settings. 9 out of 10 times this solves the issue

also, within the router webpage you should be able to set up guest access. It will connect automatically and easier if you use that.