WIFI & Keyboard

mrhyd3

Reaction score
I know many others are having an issue w/ WIFI, but I'm a few days away from my 30 day trial. I've tried multiple routers, same issue. WIFI connects, but nothing. I am about to return it and go w/ the iPhone 4. So far, I've had to reboot this DroidX about a dozen times. I only had to reboot my iPhone 4 times in (2) years.

The keyboard is idiotic. The keyboard gets in the way and doesn't auto hide when it's "supposed" to. Really annoying.

liferefugee

Reaction score
if your getting a connection but not actually seeing the network, I would make sure your router is setup for DHCP (assigning IP addresses). It could be that your phone is not getting a proper IP address for your network. If you could post any more details about your issue, I am sure someone may have a solution. For the sake of making things a little easier as well, please post the info about your router, and your network security.

OP
M

mrhyd3

Reaction score
Dhcp

if your getting a connection but not actually seeing the network, I would make sure your router is setup for DHCP (assigning IP addresses). It could be that your phone is not getting a proper IP address for your network. If you could post any more details about your issue, I am sure someone may have a solution. For the sake of making things a little easier as well, please post the info about your router, and your network security.

I'm certain it's not DHCP, we're network engineers just evaluating the DroidX. The phone itself will grab an IP from the DHCP server, but no packets.

Equipment: We've tried a couple cheap Linksys, Dlink & Fortigate WIFI 60b.

Tested: Both N & B - WPA & WPA2 PSK / AES & KTIP. Our laptops work fine, WinTel & Mac on DHCP.

Experienced: Attempting to connect via browser to a couple internal webservers by IP, it will hang for about 3-5 mins. MAYBE 1 of 10 actually connect to it.

Not tried: I have not tried to enter a static IP.

kk4df

Reaction score
I've had no problems using a Netgear WNR2000 gateway. I'm using WPA2-PSK (AES) security. Connected the first time, and have not lost a connection yet. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
My wi-fi, no matter where I connect to, connects up fine, surfs fantastically, then after being idle for a bit, when I try to use it again, no browse unless I disconnect and reconnect. Very odd. Not complaining, just sharing my issues as well. Dhcp always with various access points.

Technoman

Reaction score
I have had no issues either. Connect to my crappy ActionTec router at home, and have successfully connected to several "FREE Hotspots: that utilize web redirect provisioning.

Stay connected with no issues!! Using WPA2-PSK security at home!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wifi issues were fixed after installing the leaked froyo just fyi don't see the need to run to the misreble teet of Apple just yet.

wdprice3

Reaction score
I've never had wifi issues... either it's a h/w or s/w issue which if so, you can get the device replaced... or it's user error...

wcjeep

Reaction score
I've connected a few times with "G". Haven't tried "N" yet. No problem with secure and unsecure. My DX doesn't have the wireless range of my laptop.