WiFi issue

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I know there was a post for this a few days ago, but I can't find it now. Maybe it was closed. My new RAZR M has problems connecting to my WiFi. All of our other services connect without a problem. It will connect if turn off the router then turn it back on, but I just can't do that every time I come home. There doesn't seem to be many options in the WiFi settings on my phone, so I'm not sure where to go. Any suggestions?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you go to settings and click where it says "WiFi" there are more settings and the "..." icon brings up advanced controls in there. That's where I would start.

Spey

Reaction score
There may be some answers in this thread that may apply to your issue:
Thread Link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-m/232329-wifi-not-connecting-how-i-got-connect.html

Additionally;
There are a number of settings related to how, when, and what type of signal your wireless router is broadcasting.
Also, a number of settings on the phone (maybe you have not drilled down to the setting menu) see below:
Razr M on JB/Settings/Wi-Fi/LowerMenuBar-3horizontalSquares =
Options = Scan, WPS Pin Entry - WiFi Direct, Advanced, Manage Networks
(I would focus on Advanced & Manage Networks settings)

Hopefully some resolution for your prob's.

Last edited:
OP
pdaniel219

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Thanks Spey! Actually, for the first time this evening, I came home and it connected by itself. Hopefully this is a good sign. The settings don't seem to help me much. Even the advanced settings. My phone would just cycle through saving and authenticating the WiFi, no matter what I did. Thanks for the link!

Spey

Reaction score
Thanks Spey! Actually, for the first time this evening, I came home and it connected by itself. Hopefully this is a good sign. The settings don't seem to help me much. Even the advanced settings. My phone would just cycle through saving and authenticating the WiFi, no matter what I did. Thanks for the link!

pdaniel219,
I just finished another reply on that other thread that you might want to read. I think the "issues" you are referencing may be addressed in my reply. If I am correct, your "issue" will most likely return, unless you grasp what's going on (provided my interpretation of your potentialproblem is correct ...).

rwhyel

Reaction score
Noticed my WiFi will randomly turn off and on for no reason....any ideas

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do you have any battery saving apps or taskers installed?

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

rwhyel

Reaction score
I know in not getting much response but I have noticed it only happens on my home WiFi

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is it actually turning on and off or is it just connecting and dis connecting?

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

Fojo123

Reaction score
I noticed that mine started disconnecting and reconnecting (I think when I turn the screen on) yesterday or the day before on my home WiFi, also. But to be fair that's the only WiFi that I use, for the most part. Not too worried about it. Perhaps it's a power saving feature they implemented in the last update and we just hadn't noticed it until now..?

rwhyel

Reaction score
Its disconnecting and reconnecting.....I don't think that it is a power saving thing because it happens In the middle of loading a webpage or activkmly using the interwebs....I did have and advanced task killer installed buy I got of it and the problems are still there. As I have stated earlier its only at home.....I've used about 4 seperate WiFi sysytems but mostly home and work....my WiFi at home is fine as well becuasr a couple of laptops had zero issues at the same time.