Mobile-data overriding Wifi by disabling access points.

raytrace

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Razr M
Android ver: 4.2.2 Phone: Motorola Droid M (XT907)

This is very weird. I have tried so many things that I am ready to throw the set at a wall! Sorry.

So the problem is that when both, the Wifi and the mobile-data is "on" and I come in range where a Wifi is immediately recognized by the phone the mobile-data does not auto-disconnect. Instead the mobile-data (H+) remains active, even though the Wifi is showing that are recognized routers available for a Wifi connection. When I try to manually connect to a Wifi router (without switching of the mobile data) it simply shows the Wifi point as "Disabled". There is no IP issued to either.
As soon as I disable the mobile-data the Wifi jumps in without missing a beat and connects flawlessly. This is also happens when the phone is rebooted and both modes of connectivity are active.

I have tried disabling almost all downloaded apps, uninstalled quite a few, etc etc.

One thing I have noticed is that this behavior is "normalized" immediately after a reboot, or just before when the phone is being shut down.