Wifi issue after Z4root

rickrock1202

Reaction score
Not sure if its coincedental or due to my Z4root, but my droid X seems to have some wifi issues after the root. On certian wifi networks my droid X connects to Wifi then immediately disconnects (and seems to cycle through this process). Could a setting be off or do I need to switch anything around. I have tried turning phone and wifi off/on with no success. It is also important to note that I was able to use these networks (school and work) without problem before the root. and I still can use certian wifi connections (home and friends) without problems Any thoughts?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if its coincedental or due to my Z4root, but my droid X seems to have some wifi issues after the root. On certian wifi networks my droid X connects to Wifi then immediately disconnects (and seems to cycle through this process). Could a setting be off or do I need to switch anything around. I have tried turning phone and wifi off/on with no success. It is also important to note that I was able to use these networks (school and work) without problem before the root. and I still can use certian wifi connections (home and friends) without problems Any thoughts?

If all you did was just root your phone and you didn't install a Custom ROM then there should be no issue for you in regards to wifi. Something else is going on or maybe you're just discovering what a lot of us have known for a while. WiFi isn't always that reliable. Sometimes it's great others, not so great.

I personally have a D2 rooted, no Custom ROM and it works fine with wifi.

brenneisec

Reaction score
i used to have this problem before the 2.2 OTA update but never since. it may be the settings of your network. i have heard of people having the same problem due to the wifi settings. but not sure why they would start all of a sudden. and i dont think you have access to those settings anyway haha

spazem

Reaction score

Had same problem with my A855. i ended up backing up everything and starting over. even after i unrooted and re rooted. i changed my ssid on my routers and everything. i just ended this phones memory and reprogramed it from scratch. works like a charm untill new update 2.2.2 came out this morning. i had to reroot it but everthing is good now!!!!