WiFi error? Did I get this phone with a non stock kernel?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone just got my Rezound from eBay. It's running well but it seems to be already rooted and I don't think I have the defualt kernel. I am getting "error" when trying to turn WiFi on. Tried cache cleaner didn't work. My kernel says "2.6.35 dirty Yokohama", this can't be stock. Is it?

Last edited:
OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I have stuff figured out. I got Amon Ra recovery installed now and a backup made. Gonna flash a Gb Rom.

pbickel

Reaction score
That definitely is not stock I included a screen shot of my stock kernel btw next time you wanna take a pic of your screen just hold down power button and hit home

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have Rez Rom installed now with the modified stock kernel that comes with that, and I am no longer having WiFi issues. That screenshot trick will come in handy!

Sent from my Rezound

mjones73

Reaction score
FYI - That's usually the result of a kernel being installed with the wrong wifi drivers, installing one of the kernel packages available would probably have cleared it up.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea I was thinking of just flashing another kernel, but decided to just try a whole new rom kernel combo.