Infrastructure Wifi Tethering

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by yllibsivad, Jun 6, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. yllibsivad

yllibsivad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey does anyone know what the best way to go about creating WiFi tethering with infrastructure rather than ad-hoc? My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 w/ Android 2.3.4 requires the infrastructure method, if all I've read is correct. Can anyone give me any solution for this? I can root my Galaxy Tab if need be as well. My Rezound is rooted and using the stock kernel. Let me know if I need to update the kernel to an ICS rom or leak (are they the same thing)? Can anyone point me toward a good ICS leak/rom? I really just want to get WiFi tethering working on my Galaxy Tab for my bus rides to and from work.
  2. HowardZ

HowardZ Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I also have stock rooted GB and can't get the Wifi Teather program to work right.

Supposedly it works well with CleanROM - but personally I have not tried it.

Howard
  3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
  4. t0ughguy0

t0ughguy0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use an app called ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher on my HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod7 with gingerbread. I just run the Free WiFi Tether on my phone and then open the app on my touchpad, then I just click the button that says Try to switch to Ad-hoc mode, just to try... it connects to my phone with no trouble. I was running CM9 on my touchpad with ICS and the app didn't work really well but it did work.

Edit: I forgot completely that you need root access on your tablet to use the app.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
Search tags for this page
android infrastructure wifi
android wifi tethering adhoc or infrastructure
droid x2 wifi tether infrastructure
galaxy tab infrastructure
infrastructure tether android
infrastructure tethering app for droid
infrastructure wif tether

infrastructure wifi tether

infrastructure wifi tether android

is verizon wireless hot spot an infrastructure