Wifi disconnect

baseballprofessor77

Reaction score
So my DROID X2 has been doing this weird thing where it will show the Wifi symbol on the notifications bar as white, indicating no connection, however at random times it will actually disconnect in the middle of me using the Internet. Suggestions or solutions gladly accepted. Just as I'm writing this, it just switched to 3g and back. Btw, I'm about 20 ft from the router so that shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jarheadjmc

Reaction score
I have been having a similar problem with my X2. It just started tonight. It recognizes my "remembered" Wi-Fi network, but it cannot connect to it and I am 3 feet from it.

My wife has an X2 as well and hers connects just fine. I don't get it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and I'm using CM7. I wonder if this is a kernel issue. In CM7, I did do an update that should have fixed the problem, but no go.

Droid X2 CM7

lostinsc

Reaction score
I have a new refurbished phone from Verizon and it is doing the same thing. Catch is, this phone came with Android 2.3.5
Did you ever find a fix?

amg3467

Reaction score
I am running cm7 also and have had the same issue with 3 different Wi-Fi networks that I use in a daily basis

Pictishmac

Reaction score
I think I actually replied to another post like this. I too, have the same WiFi problem with my phone, but it also seems to affect the 3G service. If my phone sits for a few minutes it drops the WiFi, but I lose all but 1 bar of 3G service.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Okay... this was weird... referring to the WiFi issue. When I installed RC1, I updated superuser binaries and it updated no problem. My WIFI problem persisted. However, yesterday, I'm messing with my phone and decide to update binaries in superuser again. It failed. I then went to the market (sorry, Play Store) to look for a newer version of superuser. But I found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su.fixer ... installed it and after 3 tries, it successfully updated.

Since then, I turned on WiFi and it's been working ever since. Oh, one more thing... after I updated binaries, I changed the WiFi setting back to 'sleep when screen turns off' hard reboot then reset WiFi to back to 'never' and another hard boot. It's only been 12 hours, but that's 11 hours and 15 minutes longer than it has ever lasted. Good luck!

Droid X2 CM7