Droid X2 Disconnecting

linkmandrew

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 running 2.3.5 and it keeps disconnecting from both 3G as well as wifi if my phone is locked for too long. This wouldn't be much of a problem, except I have an internet texting app instead of regular messaging. I used to have an app that disconnected from 3G to save data, but I have long since uninstalled it. I have data saver turned on, but I don't think it would be affecting my wifi... Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum, a data saver app could be your issue. Try uninstalling it, see if it helps. What app are you referring to?? That might help.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
L

linkmandrew

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, a data saver app could be your issue. Try uninstalling it, see if it helps. What app are you referring to?? That might help.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I had Juice Defender, but I used it to save data, rather than battery. But like I said, I have already uninstalled it. And the data saver I am currently using is the one native to my phone. I got there by going Settings - Battery & Data Manager - Data Saver

I also have 3G Watchdog, but that doesn't affect my connectivity, it just monitors my usage.

Last edited:

Pete121109

Reaction score
Same problem here. Running 2.3.5 rooted stock, no data saver apps, and wifi disconnects every few minutes. Looks like it might be a problem with Wireless-N routers, if it's anything like the problems with the Defy, but I don't want to downgrade my router to Wireless-G. I shouldn't have to change something like that to get good service from my phone.