1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X2 Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by linkmandrew, Jun 5, 2012.

1. linkmandrew

linkmandrew New Member

I have a Droid X2 running 2.3.5 and it keeps disconnecting from both 3G as well as wifi if my phone is locked for too long. This wouldn't be much of a problem, except I have an internet texting app instead of regular messaging. I used to have an app that disconnected from 3G to save data, but I have long since uninstalled it. I have data saver turned on, but I don't think it would be affecting my wifi... Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, a data saver app could be your issue. Try uninstalling it, see if it helps. What app are you referring to?? That might help.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. linkmandrew

linkmandrew New Member

I had Juice Defender, but I used it to save data, rather than battery. But like I said, I have already uninstalled it. And the data saver I am currently using is the one native to my phone. I got there by going Settings - Battery & Data Manager - Data Saver

I also have 3G Watchdog, but that doesn't affect my connectivity, it just monitors my usage.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  4. Pete121109

Pete121109 New Member

Same problem here. Running 2.3.5 rooted stock, no data saver apps, and wifi disconnects every few minutes. Looks like it might be a problem with Wireless-N routers, if it's anything like the problems with the Defy, but I don't want to downgrade my router to Wireless-G. I shouldn't have to change something like that to get good service from my phone.
Search tags for this page
app that prevents wifi from disconnecting
droid x2 keeps disconnecting

droid x2 wifi disconnects

droid x2 wifi dropes
droid x2 wifi fix
droid x2 wifi keeps disconnecting

droid x2 wifi problems

droid x2 wireless disconnects
motorola droid x2 wifi problems
stop droid x2 from disconnecting wireless
why does my android g3 keep disconnecting