Wierd question: the magnet closure on my purse causes my droid to go wonky...

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
lol, wierd question, I know...but does any of you "techy" people know if there is anything I could stick to the lining of the the pocket in my purse that has the magnet in it, so that it will block the magnet's effects from screwing up my phone? :icon_eek:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Is it that close to the magnet part? You can't move it farther away or put, i don't know, your wallet in front of it?

You'd have to put something thin enough for the magnet to still close the bag, but it would still have an effect on your phone. You can get a leather case. I have one for my belt. Works good since I have a magnet on my belt buckle, and my phone is quite near it.

OP
E

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
It does make it go to dock mode, but it also makes it say "connected to multi media station", and also sometimes makes my homescreen go crazy - like all the widgets change. lol, it's not a huge issue, I can just keep it inside my purse, but my purse has an outside pocket that I'd love to be able to use so my phone is easily accessible, instead of rooting through all my junk to find it ;)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Go to the market and search for an app to stop the phone from going into dock mode. Someone either last night or the day before had a similar issue with a case doing the same thing and the app they found fixed the issue.

Jasko

Reaction score
I'm rooted, is there a file I can tweak to disable the car dock / multimedia station?

rjax

Reaction score
Go to the market and search for an app to stop the phone from going into dock mode. Someone either last night or the day before had a similar issue with a case doing the same thing and the app they found fixed the issue.

I'd recommend the Dock Nothingness app for this purpose.