widget selection screen

kunzy

Reaction score
My wife got the new beautiful widgets update and not sure if this was the reason for this problem but now when you click on screen to add a widget and the widgets come up there is no description next to each widget and it makes it frustrating to add one to your home screen. ....

daryls61

Reaction score
Are you using the stock launcher? I so, the widgets are located in the app drawer under a tab at the top. If you are using a different launcher, this is an issue with ICS. You can download appwidgetpicker.apk to fix the missing text issue. Google it and you should be able to find threads on exactly how to install it.

LocoRon

Reaction score
The problem isn't that the text is missing; the problem is that the text is the same color as the background. (At least on my phone, using ADW Ex.)

If you hold your finger on one of the options, it will be highlighted and you can read the text. Then, if it's not the right widget, slide your finger a little bit to scroll instead of select. A bit of a pain, but it works... (That apk solution sounds promising, though. Might have to look into it.)