Widget Locker+Quick Desk

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I'm using both and sometimes have a problem with one or the other loading. Anyone know the best home app default set up to make everything play nice. I have widget lock as default then it is told QD is home app and QD thinks LP is home app, but after last QD update it keeps saying i need to have QD set as default.

Ideas?

rmart88

Reaction score
Have you tried PowerStrip instead of QD? I am running WidgetLocker, which calls on PowerStrip. I am not using any other home launcher as I can have everything I need right in those two. So I have PowerStrip call back onto WL, not that I ever need it to because I can just press back and get to WL instead of pressing home again.

If you've never heard of PS it is very similar to QD from what I hear (ive never used QD)

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might not need WidgetLocker in the equation. If QuickDesk is your home then you ONLY need WidgetLocker also as your home if you want to disable the home button at the lockscreen.

More information here: WidgetLocker Frequently Asked Questions | TeslaCoil Software
i do want home disabled at lock. if i must i guess i could live with out it because i find after a phone call i cannot use the home button even though i have widget locker disabled for phone calls it still locks the home button.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
Let me be more specific, the way i have it set up works as i want, but when i open QD since its not the home default it gives me 2 pop up windows to tell me i should make it default. to solve that i moved everything on QD up. If Widget Locker let me disable the home button on lock screen without setting it to default, it would work fine.

also i guess if QD got rid of that pop up it would work, but i havnt seen anyone that develops QD posting here so i get to rant to you.[/rant]

Reaction score
i do want home disabled at lock. if i must i guess i could live with out it because i find after a phone call i cannot use the home button even though i have widget locker disabled for phone calls it still locks the home button.

WidgetLocker 1.2 will allow you to chain it after QuickDesk. This means double-tap-home at the lock screen cannot be blocked, but QuickDesk won't constantly complain about not being home.

I'll look into the home button not working after a phone call bug.

[edit]I sent ruqqq of QuickDesk a note also.

And I heard back! I sent him WidgetLocker and explained the problem a bit more and he said
"I understand the problem. I'll implement the fix in the next release!"

So after we both release our updates it looks like you'll be able to chain them in either order.
[/edit]

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're the best Kevin!!!!! I wish all devs were on the ball like you!!!!

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to have your babies Kevin, well as soon as someone figures out how two men could do such a thing.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok kevin i got one for you, and i think this has to do with my battery and hot phone issues lately. when widget locker is enabled sometimes after i lock my phone, it either turns the screen back on, perminatly to the lock screen on its own, like its sitting on the table and just turns on. or the volume and camera buttons turn it on the the lock screen.

also while in lock screen the volume button works, which is how i know its on sometimes cause i bump the volume button and i hear it. when i disable widget locker none of this happens.