why the differance?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by elitecmdr666, Feb 26, 2011.

1. elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i was looking at my DX and my system version is 2.3.340 and android version 2.2.1 now how come my girls D2 system version is 2.3.20, android version 2.2? i thought all versions of android are the same, so what is the big difference? hope you guys enlighten me more thanks

2. Wuzz Ranger

Wuzz Ranger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Each phone is different...therefore have different versions. Look at this this way. You may have Windows 7 Professional on your pc and I have Windows 7 Ultimate.....same Microsoft product...but different in it's own way. Being a PC guy this is the only way I could think about putting it to you. Beer is not helping my cause either...LOL

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's an odd assumption. If all versions were the same then there wouldn't be different versions. As stated above, each device is on its own specific release. Personally, I don't see the point in fretting over 2.3.340 versus 2.3.20 and 2.2.1 versus 2.2. As the numbers imply, the differences are very small.

Now, 2.2 versus 3.x (and similar comparisons) is a different story.

4. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,826
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    The system versions refer to model specific things, like motoBlur and such. The OS, 2.2 and 2.2.1 are the Android versions. Apparently the D2 didn't get updated to 2.2.1 is all.

Sent from somewhere...