why the differance?

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so i was looking at my DX and my system version is 2.3.340 and android version 2.2.1 now how come my girls D2 system version is 2.3.20, android version 2.2? i thought all versions of android are the same, so what is the big difference? hope you guys enlighten me more thanks

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Each phone is different...therefore have different versions. Look at this this way. You may have Windows 7 Professional on your pc and I have Windows 7 Ultimate.....same Microsoft product...but different in it's own way. Being a PC guy this is the only way I could think about putting it to you. Beer is not helping my cause either...LOL

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i thought all versions of android are the same, so what is the big difference?
That's an odd assumption. If all versions were the same then there wouldn't be different versions. As stated above, each device is on its own specific release. Personally, I don't see the point in fretting over 2.3.340 versus 2.3.20 and 2.2.1 versus 2.2. As the numbers imply, the differences are very small.

Now, 2.2 versus 3.x (and similar comparisons) is a different story.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The system versions refer to model specific things, like motoBlur and such. The OS, 2.2 and 2.2.1 are the Android versions. Apparently the D2 didn't get updated to 2.2.1 is all.

Sent from somewhere...