identifying your phone and version?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jbur074, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jbur074

jbur074 New Member

so im pretty much a noob when it comes to hacking phones. i have a droid x system version 2.3.340 android version 2.2.1 and i have no idea the difference between gingerbread, froyo, etc. my phone is rooted, however i have not started downloading roms / themes because i simply do not know the difference, or what im looking for? all im looking to do is change my theme, and overclock my phone.

thanks
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I know we all start out not knowing anything and it's good that you want to learn, but I have to tell you that there is no way you should have rooted yet. You're not ready

Well, you're running Froyo, that I can tell you. Gingerbread is the next release after Froyo, but it hasn't been released to any phones OTA yet. Find out more information about Custom ROMs by reading the threads on the ones available for you. Learn before you do anything else. I don't want you to brick your phone.

There is a wealth of information here in the Forum but you're going to have to do some good old fashioned studying. Get an idea of what you want and then we can help you further.
  3. jbur074

jbur074 New Member

Right that's exactly why I asked :) I rooted my phone originally for wireless teather. Then I found out what all the possibilities were from the droid x I decided to go further. However I simply could not find what version I was running. Im pretty firmiliar with some stuff there's just alot of crazy lingo I didn't understand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

how can i identify which droid i have

how can i tell if my droid x is a type a or type b

how can i tell what kind of motorola phone i have

how can you tell which version of droid dna you have
how to idenify types of phones

how to identify a droid phone

how to identify a phone version

how to identify droid phones

how to tell what type of droid phone
identifying version droid bionic