Why no Task Manager with ICS????

bigred8380

Reaction score
Prob the ONLY issue I have encountered with the ICS build, is the fact that they removed the built in task manager that had the auto-kill list! Loved that feature on GB and it worked VERY well...why would they dump it?!

I noticed the option we now have, (disableing bloat) which is nice and the option we have under Developer Options called "Don't Keep Activities".... but it doesn't give you the option to keep certian apps or programs OFF the "don't keep activities" list, which doesn't play well with my custom launcher.

92ehatch

Reaction score
Under manage apps > all you can disable unwanted an manage your running under manage app> running

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The only thing I can thank of is there is that button on the nexus that pulls up all running apps, u just slide them to the right n that list and everything is dead. And from owning a nexus and going back to a bionic I've had a gd taste of ICS. Also I thank ICS also works better on keeping stuff closed and managing stuff on its own alot better.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Long press the home button, and swipe left or right on any apps you wanna kill.. it works well.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
B

bigred8380

Reaction score
Looked under the running apps and didn't see the option to pick what apps you want to run and those you want to auto kill when phone sits idle for say 2-5 min like the built in the last GB had...

And the long press on home did bring up a list of apps that I can slide left or right...but what exactly is this doing?! It didn't explain what left or right was doing...

nobreak1970

Reaction score
The only thing I can thank of is there is that button on the nexus that pulls up all running apps, u just slide them to the right n that list and everything is dead. And from owning a nexus and going back to a bionic I've had a gd taste of ICS. Also I thank ICS also works better on keeping stuff closed and managing stuff on its own alot better.

Long press the Home button....you will recognize it.

92ehatch

Reaction score
Long pressing home is just recent activity. No need to autokill with ics it does fine. Check out my smart actions thread.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Using the recent apps panel also will kill the apps. As far as apps that aren't shown, yes, ics does a good job of managing those.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Using the recent apps panel also will kill the apps. As far as apps that aren't shown, yes, ics does a good job of managing those.

I dont think the apps shown in recent apps are actually running and I dont think swiping them closes anything, just removes them from that list.