Droid 3 Task Manager???

aggiechase37

Reaction score
So I've got the Droid 3. Love the phone. And let me premise what I am about to say by stating that I am normally completely against task managers, know all the horrors, haven't used one in a good long while (had my OG on GPA15 and NO BLOAT).

So the Droid 3 has yet to be rooted. This, of course, means that one of the main draws for rooting the OG sits staring me in the face: CRAPWARE! What to do with it while we await root access to get rid of it?

My question, has anyone used the built in task manager on the Droid 3 to keep the crapware from starting up. I've noticed that there is a lot of it that has been loading itself into RAM. Now I know that normally, task managers when set to auto will kill off a program, only to have it start back up to be killed again and so on until your battery is depleted and your CPU hates your guts. But does anyone know if perhaps Moto has happed on to some secret sauce with their task manager??? Surely they know how normal task managers murder your battery/cpu. So unless they are idiots (yes I realize they probably are what with their locked bootloader position/blur/etc...let's not get into those same old discussions here) then surely they wouldn't just load up a task manager for giggles right?

Anyone else have an opinion on this? I've noticed that there is an "Auto-end list" section of their task manager that reads, "Apps on this list end 2 minutes after the display times out." So, for instance, if I load the IM Presence app (an app that I never use and always manages to load it's sorry self into my RAM) with Moto's task manager is that thing going to lock into a perpetual battery eating squabble between the task manager and Android, that is to say, will the task manager kill it, Android load it, task manager kill it, Android load it, ad nauseum until I have a dead battery?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From what I remember when my Inc wasn't rooted I killed some VZW apps through the built in task manager and they wouldn't boot up again until i restarted my phone.

OP
A

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Well this won't let me kill the vzw apps, some of which are booting into memory. I just wish the D3 would hurry up and attain root so I could clear some of this garbage out of here.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well this won't let me kill the vzw apps, some of which are booting into memory. I just wish the D3 would hurry up and attain root so I could clear some of this garbage out of here.

patience my friend...

Droid 3 just came out days ago, and I'm sure there are developers out there trying to root it. Enjoy the phone for what it is now and I'm sure root will be out for it in no time for you to get rid of the bloatware.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can still stop crapware by just going into settings/applications/manage applications and forcestopping crapware. Then try killing it with their task manager (that I notice can't be force stopped)

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

naknak95

Reaction score
I actually found this great app that doesn't kill any battery or slow the phone down. It made my battery last alot longer. The app is called Android Assistant. I know some people are kind of leary on task killers, but this one works great!