Why I don't/can't run sourcery

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i ALWAYS manually boot into recovery for installation of a rom. i'm putting on a whole new OS, and i want to make sure it goes right! i gather that you're using CWM recovery?? if so, before you boot into recovery, you might want to open RM, hit "flash alternate recovery." after you get your message that SPR has successfully been flashed, hit "flash ClockworkMod recovery". if you get a successful install message within 3-5 seconds, you know that it "took." if not, repeat the process again.

as a more drastic alternative, you may need to reformat your sdcard. before doing so, however, make sure you copy your entire sdcard to your pc. then when the format process is complete, copy all of the contents back to your sdcard.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Check to see if u have any apps, root manager, phone settings, anything that may cause your sd to mount or unmout itself automaticly. Can you do factory reset ?

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
L

lonzorizo

Reaction score
i ALWAYS manually boot into recovery for installation of a rom. i'm putting on a whole new OS, and i want to make sure it goes right! i gather that you're using CWM recovery?? if so, before you boot into recovery, you might want to open RM, hit "flash alternate recovery." after you get your message that SPR has successfully been flashed, hit "flash ClockworkMod recovery". if you get a successful install message within 3-5 seconds, you know that it "took." if not, repeat the process again.

as a more drastic alternative, you may need to reformat your sdcard. before doing so, however, make sure you copy your entire sdcard to your pc. then when the format process is complete, copy all of the contents back to your sdcard.

I always manually boot into recovery too when flashing roms. But in sorucery a lot of the features require the phone to automatically boot into recovery to attempt to flash the feature...and to update to the most recent sourcery It automatically boots into recovery too but It won't mount my sd card that way. I've tried re formatting sd card and everything but the problem always came back.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
L

lonzorizo

Reaction score

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery is competible with raid zero and i highly reccomand it !

Its a long shot but try connecting your phone to your pc. When u get the pop up to turn on usb storage.. accept it. Give it a minute and then turn it off properly and disconnect. Reboot and see if problem repeats. Sometimes unplugging the phone from the pc without doing that messes it up..

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

listenman20

Reaction score
i've run into teh same problem on my daughter's phone....i think it's either a bad card or just a slow read tween phone and card. she hardly has anything on her card....like 75% free maybe...but the cool thing about sourcery is when it does that..all the stuff that requires the auto reboot to install is downloaded as an update.zip. so that all it requires when it fails is that you install update from sd...heck of alot easier than rebooting into recovery again...

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Question do you have a 32Meg card

I hear they take longer to boot and have heard similair things in the past not regarding this rom but others.

if your on sprecovery the rom will only kick you out to recovery it wonr do anything else you need to install zip from there as you would any other.

on clockwork it does go through and do everything automatically.
1 thing with clockwork also is go to rom manger and restore sprecovery than clockwork than sprecovery than clockwork not need to reboot inbetween but this may solve your problem also.

and jsut to get it out there Sourcry 2.0 is now 2.2.2. latest froyo

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
welcome

hmmm... i haven't tried Sourcery yet, so i'm unfamiliar with the process. you might want to check with the developers to ensure compatability, but there's a new recovery from Raidzero that is awful nice - i've been using it for a while, and don't see myself going back to CWM or SPR: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

nice to see ya around i always love your quotes. :)
just since i started this i just dont get into the rest of the forums much

PARick

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/111505-sd-card-not-mounting-recovery-2.html

This is why I can't use sourcery...anytime I try updating it or when it auto boots into recovery it won't mount my sd...Only time i get it to mount is when I boot into recovery manually and usually the 2nd try. Just letting it be known.

I have had this same problem for about 3 months, it is not ROM specific. I usually have to go into recocery (CW) and get the can't mount message, and it begings reboot. I quickly hit and hold the X button and it goes perfectly. I have ordered another sd card incae that is the problem. But, just wanted you to know it's not the ROM, may be your SD card.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Did it with my old SD does it with my new SD. Idk. I think its cw cause I have not had a problem with Ezra.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mkraffert

Reaction score
i've run into teh same problem on my daughter's phone....i think it's either a bad card or just a slow read tween phone and card. she hardly has anything on her card....like 75% free maybe...but the cool thing about sourcery is when it does that..all the stuff that requires the auto reboot to install is downloaded as an update.zip. so that all it requires when it fails is that you install update from sd...heck of alot easier than rebooting into recovery again...

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I ended up buying a new SD card and it fixed the problem. It seems there's a lot of this happening lately. Maybe the original SD cards that came with the phones have reached their threshold of read/writes? My card was about a year old. I don't know how many "hits" a year is on a card, but I know they do have a finite number of read/writes before they "wear out".

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
LONZORIZO
As a doctor I like to get a history, have you ever booted up on any ROM and suddenly all apps on SD don't allow you to access them. Even though it seems that the phone can read and write still to the SD?

Huskerkate
When 2.0 drops, take it out for a test drive.
You'll be glad you did, this is a much different ROM and ready unique.
I would say it is unique, kind of how MIUI is but instead of porting from China they port out from The Shire.

it is double plus good