Why, hello there little droid!

Reaction score
Yes, I am new to the site and posting an introduction thread. I got my Droid in November and it is the only phone/device I have had that I truly love. I have had several flip phones and I used the Motorola Q when it was the new thing. I had the first Q for a long time and when Qwest Communications dropped Sprint for Verizon I upgraded to a Q9c. This phone was really good for it's capabilities. I found myself having to replace it and I opened the box and what I had was a Q9m. Horrible is the only descriptor I can use that won't get censored. The day I got my Droid I walked out of the Verizon store and put the Q9m on the roof of my car, got in and drove off. It hung on for three blocks before bouncing off my windshield and into history.

I am a networking guy looking to do some networking and perhaps find some work too. I am very good with Windows OS and getting better with Linux. This is one reason I love my Droid. I was overjoyed when I found out Motorola had put out a touchscreen with a Linux based OS on it. Make free calls with Skype and Wi-Fi!!!! My phone is rooted and I use ConnectBot which gives me a terminal window. I love having the ability to be root while cruising around town.

I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn from those who know more. I'm happy to offer my knowledge as well.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF...you have a lot of knowledge so look forward to reading your posts.