why does my d4 randomly vibrate?

Gangrif

Reaction score
From time to time, my droid4 will jus randomly throw out a buzz, or two. No alert is displayed, just buzz, or buzz-buzz, and nothing. Its not a huge issue or anything, just sort of annoying. It'll go days without doing it, and then it'll do it, sometimes a few times in an hour, then nothing for days sometimes.

Anyone else get this? Not sure if its an app I run, or something internal to the stock moto firmware.

It seems that it could be related to juice defender, but I haven't been able to prove that without a doubt.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and i am running eclipse. So its not a stock thing. I doubt it has to do with apps since i have very few on my phone currently.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
Gangrif

Gangrif

Reaction score
bdsullivan76 said:
Mine does the same thing and i am running eclipse. So its not a stock thing. I doubt it has to do with apps since i have very few on my phone currently.

Glad to hear I'm not alone at least.

Hardware defect maybe?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Not sure. It only happens once a week or so. not often enough for me to care but often enough that I noticed.

coder0xff

Reaction score
I've been getting this too. I've noticed that if I mash the volume buttons for several seconds, while it's locked, it causes it to vibrate. Sometimes it's buzz, sometimes buzz-buzz, and occasionally buzz-buzz-buzz. Sometimes it won't do it, and if I pause for a moment and try again it works. Just now, I stopped to continue typing this post, and a good 15 seconds later it then vibrates. Establishing a pattern of some sort has proven, so far, impossible.

At any rate, I'm guessing the seemingly random ones I get are from the buttons getting mashed in my pocket.