Why do my emails come up as "me" to clients?

KRISTY

Reaction score
WHEN I SEND AN EMAIL FROM MY WORK ACCOUNT ON DROID X, IT GOES OUT AS "[email protected] INSTEAD OF "[email protected].

WHY? AND HOW CAN I FIX THIS? IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS TO CLIENTS! I've tried to go into settings, but the word "me" describing my account was nowhere to be found.

Help please - thanks!

Reaction score
Are you using a Google Apps account with your domain or just normal pop3 from your provider? I'm just thinking it might be an email setting within your domain and not with the phone.

Negrilrast

Reaction score
I am also experiencing the from 'me' email issue and would appreciate some insight. Appears only to happen on my pop3 work email. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't go out that way. That's how it looks in the log to you, that's all. It goes out with your proper name.. Googles way of making it personal,I suppose.

Reaction score
It doesn't go out that way. That's how it looks in the log to you, that's all. It goes out with your proper name.. Googles way of making it personal,I suppose.

It doesn't do that with Gmail, so it must be a special pop3 account thing. One way to test what hookbill said is to just send an email to yourself or a family member and see what it is received as.

Negrilrast

Reaction score

I wish that were the case. Unfortunately, coworkers have informed me that they are seeing 'Me' in the from section of my emails. As i mentioned earlier, this account is a pop3. It really does look quite unprofessional. Thanks again for the assistance.

Last edited:

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Just a guess but look at your contacts and see if you have a "me" listed. I have one that I did not setup that has my phone number listed. if you do try changing the name.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
K9 mail fixes that problem unless you use exchange

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Is this your Gmail account, or your home/business Outlook account?

If its a personal/business Outlook account, go to Settings--->Accounts--->"ISP e-mail account"--->General Settings--->Check the Account name (ISP Name or Whatever you want to call it)...Real Name = Choose the name you want)...email address = your e-mail address.

Check the above and see if the Real Name has "me" or your real name included...

Negrilrast

Reaction score
Thanks...

Problem solved. Droid Junky nailed it and I feel a bit foolish for not figuring it out earlier. For some reason there was a contact with my information listed as 'Me'. It all makes sense now.
Thanks for the help!dancedroid

McBride23

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my emails. I checked to see if I had a contact labeled "me" but no such luck. Any other thoughts on why this would happen?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Is this your Gmail account, or your home/business Outlook account?

If its a personal/business Outlook account, go to Settings--->Accounts--->"ISP e-mail account"--->General Settings--->Check the Account name (ISP Name or Whatever you want to call it)...Real Name = Choose the name you want)...email address = your e-mail address.

Check the above and see if the Real Name has "me" or your real name included...

I am having the same problem with my emails. I checked to see if I had a contact labeled "me" but no such luck. Any other thoughts on why this would happen?
Check the above from my earlier post in this thread...