Setting up multiple email accounts

stephm

Reaction score
Just got my Incredible yesterday. Love it so far. But its A LOT of stuff.

I set up my personal gmail fine. [email protected]

However, I have a business and our email is set up thru Gmail but it doesnt have a gmail address.
It's [email protected]

Can anyone tell me how to set that up??

bcrigler

Reaction score
Click on the "Mail" app. In the top left corner their is a little arrow. touch it and a dropdown will appear. select "new account" from the drop down. Enter your settings and you are good to go! :)

tempo

Reaction score
We also use Google Apps at work. I also did not see support for multiple "Gmail" accounts.

I did my work email through the Gmail setup based on the assumption that I wanted a better integration between my phone and my work stuff. I did my personal Gmail through IMAP since I use that a lot less.

But there are some side effects that I have not yet mastered, like the fact that Google Chat on my phone is very tightly integrated with Google Chat through Google Apps -- thus, my phone beeps whenever I get a new IM, if I go offline on my work computer I am offline on my phone, etc.

OP
S

stephm

Reaction score
Clicked on the MAIL app and there is no arrow.
It takes me to a screen that says 'Choose a mail provider" and gives me option of exchange active sync or pop3...

Click on the "Mail" app. In the top left corner their is a little arrow. touch it and a dropdown will appear. select "new account" from the drop down. Enter your settings and you are good to go! :)

tempo

Reaction score
I stand corrected. During the setup Wizard, it was not obvious to me how to setup multiple Gmail accounts (e.g. personal Gmail and work Google Apps). But once you're out of the wizard, you can go to Settings > Accounts & Sync and then Add Account -- let's you add a 2nd Gmail/Google account. So, I removed my IMAP and now when I go into the "Gmail" app I can "switch account". Works well.

trueislander

Reaction score
All of the Google Apps

Any idea if the Calendar will sync with Google Apps once you've added the email account to the phone?
*updated* I found that I had to hard reset the phone and add my Google Apps account first, rather than my gmail account in order to have the calendar sync

Last edited: