why did you pick an Eris?

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I'm a google fan boy and the fact that it's android I bought it. I would have gotten the moto droid but the Eris was $100 cheaper and the only difference I saw was the lack of a keyboard which didn't bother me.

OP
C

cheesecake

Reaction score
I'm a google fan boy and the fact that it's android I bought it. I would have gotten the moto droid but the Eris was $100 cheaper and the only difference I saw was the lack of a keyboard which didn't bother me.

I felt the same way. It waant worth the extra cash. I think I fall more in love this phone everyday I rarely make calls on it but text use apps facebook and internet.
Its an amazing phone...I guess I am a fan boy now

marissa088

Reaction score
I agree that the look of the Android is horrible and I thought it was too big for my hand (I am only 5'0" and very petite). I liked the feel of the Eris, especially the rubberized backing, and I like the touch screen. The guy at Best Buy let me try his and it is so user friendly! The touch keyboard took some getting used to, but after I learned it, I wouldn't go back to a regular keyboard if you paid me a million dollars!

mtgeorge

Reaction score
I got an eris because it was free when my brother got his droid. but I didn't do any research, and after having it for 4 days, I Ditched it and got a Droid and never looked back. lol. In my opinion the Eris is holding a LOT of people back from getting the Nexus One because of the poor reviews on the Eris.

What does the Motorola Droid do that the Eris can't? With the leaked 2.1 upgrade, I can do just as much as my friend with the Motorola Droid. Only difference is the physical keyboard and the screen size IMO.

Droid camera is 5.0 megapixels and has a flash, (not sure Eris megapixel, but I know there is no flash), Droid comes with 16MB micro SD card (vs. Eris 8MB) and the Droid has built in GPS, so you get turn by turn directions without having to subscribe to V-Cast. I have had my Droid for about a month and absolutely LOVE it.

OP
C

cheesecake

Reaction score
I got an eris because it was free when my brother got his droid. but I didn't do any research, and after having it for 4 days, I Ditched it and got a Droid and never looked back. lol. In my opinion the Eris is holding a LOT of people back from getting the Nexus One because of the poor reviews on the Eris.

What does the Motorola Droid do that the Eris can't? With the leaked 2.1 upgrade, I can do just as much as my friend with the Motorola Droid. Only difference is the physical keyboard and the screen size IMO.

Droid camera is 5.0 megapixels and has a flash, (not sure Eris megapixel, but I know there is no flash), Droid comes with 16MB micro SD card (vs. Eris 8MB) and the Droid has built in GPS, so you get turn by turn directions without having to subscribe to V-Cast. I have had my Droid for about a month and absolutely LOVE it.

I get free turn by turn directions on my eris with 2.1 update with google navigator(works awesome btw), 8 meg card? ebay i can get a 16 meg card and still not have as much in my phone as what I would of for the droid, eris has 5mp camera, and you are right no flash, nothing I can do with that, but not take pictures at night.

So far we have established the Droid has a flash, and that makes it worth an extra 120 dollars, having a crappy physical keyboard, and the bulky shape?

JCo352

Reaction score
I gotta give it to you guys the eris is better than I thought, I just don't like Sense UI. I've been playing with my uncle's eris today, I still love my moto and would still pick the moto, but the eris is killin the moto in low light for the camcorder.

seansdroid49

Reaction score
Doesnt the Eris have a slower processor in it than the droid??? I understand you could probably overclock the eris, but when I had my eris i put a couple apps on it witht he task manager and my buddy had his droid with a bunch of stuff running on it and his was still running quicker then my phone when i had ended all aplications.

It was just to slow for me and the speaker on it was garbage in my opinion, unless i got a lemon because a day after i got the phone the haptic feedback on the home keys stopped working as well.

Any body else have problems with the speaker on there eris??? On the one i had if you had it turned up remotely loud it would distort horrible.

OP
C

cheesecake

Reaction score
My speaker depends on the quality of the audio file. I just picked up a motorola droid with a craxked screen from a friend. The screen is still visible but its annoying. It does seem to be faster....