Why can't I get a Full-screen Wallpaper

TGM6

Reaction score
Why can't I get a Full-screen Wallpaper without cropping?

First of all, I've searched the internet and played around with my Verizon Motorola Droid phone for over an hour. I'm normally really good with figuring things like this out but I am having absolutely no success as of right now.

What I want to do is take a picture from my "Gallery" and make it a full screen wallpaper without having to crop it. I've changed the resolution sizes multiple times on my home computer and then downloaded them to my phone by sending them via e-mail.

No matter what I do, when I go to "menu", then hit "wallpaper", and go to select an image... I am given a screen that basically tells me to select the portion of the picture that I want to make my wallpaper.

What am I doing wrong? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As capnfuffy said, When the orange box appears, tap it and stretch it to it's full extent.

OP
T

TGM6

Reaction score
The images should be 960x854. When the box appears make it bigger to select the whole image.

That doesn't work. Just tried that again using that sizing you suggested. I can only make a square box when trying to select the entire picture. I would make a video for youtube if that can help anyone out to see what I mean...

When I go to wallpaper and try to "set as" wallpaper, I can only select a portion of the picture.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If these are your wallpapers then they are too large (960x854 is the max)

There is no box on the stock wallpapers.

OP
T

TGM6

Reaction score
If these are your wallpapers then they are too large (960x854 is the max)

There is no box on the stock wallpapers.

I tried 640x570 which is the same ratio for the 960x854 and it still does the same thing when the orange box comes up...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The box will only stretch as large as the wallpaper can be - 960x854

bakerman can

Reaction score
wallpapers at 960 x whatever (can't always get it 854 unless you don't mind the distortion) turn out nice and sharp. so I don't think it's that big of an issue not to be able to use the whole picture.