Why are the D Inc 2 forums so dead?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I'm posting for the first time since getting my D Inc 2 last month (previously a Droid 2 user), and the first thing I've noticed since migrating over to the D Inc 2 forums is how dead they are. The Droid 2 was a good phone, but feature-wise, it's not even in the same league as the D Inc 2. There is nary a mention of CyanogenMod, which is quite possibly the best and most customizeable aftermarket ROM available. What gives?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just not as many users I guess.
Cyanogen is fine but its not my favorite.
MIUI and Incredible HD FTW.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Because VZW is a greedy ***** and released the TBolt, DX2, and DInc2 all at the same time. They pushed the other two incredibly hard because of the big screens and tablets on the way (not to mention locked bootloaders), so this little baby fell by the wayside...IMO

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Because VZW is a greedy ***** and released the TBolt, DX2, and DInc2 all at the same time. They pushed the other two incredibly hard because of the big screens and tablets on the way (not to mention locked bootloaders), so this little baby fell by the wayside...IMO

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Wow, really? I doubt verizon has much to do with release dates. They take them as soon as they are ready. If they could release a phone every week they would. Of course they are going to push the latest product, best profit for them. Early upgrades, new contracts....

But to say they released them all at the same time to be greedy???? Come on..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree with Wyatt.

The DX2 came out before the Dinc2.
The 4g Tbolt came out just before the Dinc2.
Right after the Dinc2 came out a couple dual core phones came out.
It was bad timing on the Dinc2 release. Blame HTC.
It should have come out BEFORE the Tbolt and the dual-cores. or it should have had a dual-core.
Not that it feels like it needs one. ;)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
My opinion is most people aren't having the problems the others are. Everyday you can read multiple thread about problems and complaints for the above mentioned phones. The incredible 2 is a very stable phone, yes I know there is a bug that deletes system apps I have experienced it. But the fix is simple and it doesn't happen again. The phone is easy to root, big shout out to the developers for this, and the roms I have used have been rock solid. Everyone is too busy flashing new roms to complain.

This post is Incredible 2!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My opinion is most people aren't having the problems the others are. Everyday you can read multiple thread about problems and complaints for the above mentioned phones. The incredible 2 is a very stable phone, yes I know there is a bug that deletes system apps I have experienced it. But the fix is simple and it doesn't happen again. The phone is easy to root, big shout out to the developers for this, and the roms I have used have been rock solid. Everyone is too busy flashing new roms to complain.

+1 on this. Plus, we have a sister forum, HTC Incredible Forum, where you can find dedicated information about the Incredible and Incredible 2. Check it out.

noisyKricket

Reaction score
Yeah it is pretty slow around here. I'm glad to see our Rom section growing a little though. And I agree with Droid Firefighter, this phone has been perfect for me. I don't ever have any problems so i'm not here asking for help lol. Heck i've spent more time looking at crap for my wife's DX than this phone. I got it, had it rooted in about 30 minutes flashed a bunch of stuff, realized I don't like Sense then went back to CM7 and i'm happy as could be.

Reaction score

What is the fix for system apps being deleted? This has happened to me twice and had to do a factory reset each time.

nikecar

Reaction score
I have other things in my life going on so i'm not here as much anymore.