Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
But I can't like the comment made by my friend too.

Nope. You can't do that with the stock app either. Can you do that. on the PC? I cant remember. If I like a comment someone else leaves, I just comment back. Haha!

Chances are, fb api doesnt allow the app to perform that function...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bryant_16

Reaction score
As in, I can't like the comment made by my friend, is that comment a status update? Or status update refers to the (in a relationship) that update?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As in, I can't like the comment made by my friend, is that comment a status update? Or status update refers to the (in a relationship) that update?

If it's listed in the feed, you can like it. That's a status update. If you click on something in the feed and it has comments, you can't like those comments using bloo or the stock app.

Is that more clear? Not sure I'm explaining it right, or maybe I'm not understanding your question...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser?

No facebook app has been good enough for me. I use the native facebook app until one of them does inbox as well. With bloo you can only see inbox not reply to any messages.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No facebook app has been good enough for me. I use the native facebook app until one of them does inbox as well. With bloo you can only see inbox not reply to any messages.

That's facebook's fault. Dimitris, the dev complained to me about that as well. They won't authorize apps to have that function at this point. He was surprised that they finally allowed chat.

Too bad they don't seem to care what their users want and aren't willing to allow third party developers to provide it for us. They don't even have an Android team or dev. The creator of the stock app was a Google employee loaned out to them...

bryant_16

Reaction score
Can I check with you if Bloo is able to upload photo and tag my friends in it?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can I check with you if Bloo is able to upload photo and tag my friends in it?

Check out the first few posts of the thread. There's an explanation of how to upload pictures and tag them.

bryant_16

Reaction score
Okay can. Thanks alot! Looking forward to the weekend updates as I'm not able to view my friends wall yet.

rcfx

Reaction score
Ok, I reloaded bloo today and went in on the pc to check my permissions, they were already checked for it to go, I unchecked them, then rechecked them and a few hours later it's working great! First time I've been able to easily go to others walls and it's very fast! I love it! Very easy to move around with. I was very skeptical at first and now I am very impressed and glad I got it working! Great job to whoever the dev is!

edit: I have over a thousand friends and this loads my friends lists in seconds!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok, I reloaded bloo today and went in on the pc to check my permissions, they were already checked for it to go, I unchecked them, then rechecked them and a few hours later it's working great! First time I've been able to easily go to others walls and it's very fast! I love it! Very easy to move around with. I was very skeptical at first and now I am very impressed and glad I got it working! Great job to whoever the dev is!

edit: I have over a thousand friends and this loads my friends lists in seconds!

Glad to hear it's working now! I wonder if the size of your friends list has something to do with it taking a while to work properly. I keep my list down to 100 or so, and never had that issue...

I'll pass along your message to Dimitris, the dev!

validoption

Reaction score
Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here

I've finally got it working pretty well.

only issue I'm having now is that i can only see comments on just one of my friends' walls. even though others have comments (quick check on PC), it's just showing up for one. even in the feed, i only see the comments on this one friend's posts. any suggestions?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

only issue I'm having now is that i can only see comments on just one of my friends' walls. even though others have comments (quick check on PC), it's just showing up for one. even in the feed, i only see the comments on this one friend's posts. any suggestions?

That's yet another issue on Facebook's end. Dimitris, as well as other third party devs have ben in contact with fb about it, but haven't received a response. If you go to his sure from the link in the first posts of the thread, he's got a link to the forum area where he reported the problem and requested assistance and others agreed.

My comments have returned, so unfortunately all I can say is to give it time...

validoption

Reaction score
Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here

only issue I'm having now is that i can only see comments on just one of my friends' walls. even though oth

That's yet another issue on Facebook's end. Dimitris, as well as other third party devs have ben in contact with fb about it, but haven't received a response. If you go to his sure from the link in the first posts of the thread, he's got a link to the forum area where he reported the problem and requested assistance and others agreed.

My comments have returned, so unfortunately all I can say is to give it time...

Thanks, I don't mind waiting. Just curious if i was doing something wrong because some worked and some didn't.

bryant_16

Reaction score
Can I check with you regarding uploading photos to album?

I have uploaded a photo to one of my albums and I need to go to the facebook website to get it approved before I can do the tagging on Bloo. Is that a bug or a known issue?

On top of that, after I approved it and went to Bloo to see the new photo, it is not updated in Bloo..

Last edited: