Who likes talk radio?

greenchicken

Reaction score
This is not an app but a website that allows you to put in your favorite stations or search for them and play them in a format that allows you to listen to it on your phone... use to use this for the :blackberry: but it works well for the droid too

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio

jev

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I love talk radio and this is a awesome way to listen. Works great and set-up was easy.

lbbrew

Reaction score
This website works great on my desktop, but on my droid it just downloads a *.asf file (which it will not play).

Maybe it's just the station I'm trying to listen to (AM 1560 in Houston, TX), but unfortunately it doesn't work on my phone.

Am I doing anything wrong or do I need to download an app to enable .asf files?

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
see if there is more than one stream for that station, most I have tried has worked, I like wabc in New York and WSB in Atlanta and both of them work great for me

peterpressure

Reaction score
This service when it works is TOTALLY AWESOME! I can finally listen to all the Windows Media Streams for Talk radio online. BUT,

Often it does not work and just makes that dialing noise, stinks!!

Erich_F

Reaction score
It's working great on my Droid, even at 48Kbps. Only one gripe...I can't do anything else with the phone without the stream stopping. So, no hope in running this in the car while Navigating, for example.

raven1911

Reaction score
I love talk radio and this is awesome! I heard about this a while ago and glad to see they finally made it for the Droid.

peterpressure

Reaction score
You guys with success with moodio on the droid, What are you using as a player for the stream? AOR stream seems to never work for me.

raven1911

Reaction score
You guys with success with moodio on the droid, What are you using as a player for the stream? AOR stream seems to never work for me.

You sign up on their website and make an account and then just log onto their website and select the stations you want. So you are just using the internet and it works great! It is using the default program in the phone, whatever that may be.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is playing through the default video player. The screen is blank since no video is present, but the audio plays through. Like I said, though, you can't multitask the player. If you leave it for another app or tool, the player will stop.

peterpressure

Reaction score
So this is my problem. It works when I use the default player, but as noted, you then cannot multi-task. So I downloaded the AOR AAC player, which barely ever works, but when it does, it allows me to multi task. Moodio or Droid needs a better AAC player!

wil318466

Reaction score
Hmm.. I can't get this to work on my phone. It downloads a .pls file and then it won't open, saying the media player doesn't play this type.

Some help?

-Wil

wil318466

Reaction score
duh. Goto m.moodio.fm instead of moodio.fm lol. Sorry about that fellas. Thanks for the info.

-Wil