Who Keeps Up With Their Steps On Their Pedometer?

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm moving up in the world
f3a5c92a0be6a97d8509d077be733262.jpg

And set a personal best at work since getting the Fit
06a1f7a01e4d7815b74927bcb382632d.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Yo Mr Mark;) , I used to follow mine to see how busy the job site was, 10-12k was a typical busy day, the feet would be talking to me with a bit more...

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yo Mr Mark;) , I used to follow mine to see how busy the job site was, 10-12k was a typical busy day, the feet would be talking to me with a bit more...
At my old job I had a pedometer that I had set to miles and not steps. I averaged over 9 miles a day there. I'm guessing that was about 20k steps so I'm used to walking a lot at work. Walking from the shop to the office was a little over 1/4 mile each way.
I was a lot thinner back then too. ;)
Today's was stocking and putting away stock the first half of the day. The elevator holds 1 pallet of freight, 30 steps upstairs to get pallet, unload at differing locations in the stock room, 30 steps down to get another pallet, repeat. 12 pallets to put away after stocking the floor and the stock room consists of 4 rows spread out about the size of 2 football fields. That was after pulling pallets of freight around the store and loading shelves.
Second half of the day was building bicycles, taking downstairs and put on 3rd tier shelves along with helping out with customers (up and down those stairs a bunch of times) and pulling shopping carts from the parking lot as needed. Needless to say I didn't do my 30 minute walk around the neighborhood area after work today. Those stairs kicked my butt.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
At my old job I had a pedometer that I had set to miles and not steps. I averaged over 9 miles a day there. I'm guessing that was about 20k steps so I'm used to walking a lot at work. Walking from the shop to the office was a little over 1/4 mile each way.
I was a lot thinner back then too. ;)

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Weren't we all, every project is different these days, I do like the moving more projects, the small ones are fattening ;)

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weren't we all, every project is different these days, I do like the moving more projects, the small ones are fattening ;)
When I was a cabinet maker I was a fat cabinet maker. I've worked on concrete pretty much my entire career but standing still sucks not only for the fitness but my whole body would ache at the end of the day from standing so much.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I sit at a desk for a good chunk of my day now vs being on my feet & all over the building as a maintenance man before this job & a Nurse aide before that. I've been slowly gaining weight since this summer.

I make excuses to make rounds around the facility to check on the computers I'm responsible, but it's mostly just guilt from S Health telling me I've been still for over an hour. Haha!

On a good day, I've completed half of my 10k step goal by the time I'm leaving work, but I have few of those.

Well see what happens next week as I start terminating over 100 cables throughout the facility. Will be interesting to compare the data from my usual days.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I sit at a desk for a good chunk of my day now vs being on my feet & all over the building as a maintenance man before this job & a Nurse aide before that. I've been slowly gaining weight since this summer.

I make excuses to make rounds around the facility to check on the computers I'm responsible, but it's mostly just guilt from S Health telling me I've been still for over an hour. Haha!

On a good day, I've completed half of my 10k step goal by the time I'm leaving work, but I have few of those.

Well see what happens next week as I start terminating over 100 cables throughout the facility. Will be interesting to compare the data from my usual days.

That'd kill me. I got a tablet when they first came out to unlock myself from "the desktop chair" .
I still have to do product knowledge training once a month that takes about 15 LONG minutes sitting at a desktop. Fortunately the desktop out on the floor we use to help customers look up products, from us or competitors, is sitting high enough where I can comfortably use the keyboard (another thing I loathe since discovering Swype) while standing. A few minutes in any chair kills my back.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Believe me, there are days I can't stretch enough. But it's a trade off because I'm doing what I went to school for & didn't have to change employers to get a better job.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1424311113794.png

Most of these coming while walking through 6"-10" of snow , climbing snow covered hills to get back to the top to sled back down kinda skews the calorie count.
Like yesterday shoveling my mother in laws drive and walk showed few steps but I'll bet I burned several hundred calories in that time as well.
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Come on Mark, the gig is up, everyone knows you strap the phone to the dog then throw him his ball...
Snow shoveling is easy... ;)
What's snow...?

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dog is a she and she's 13. The longest walk she takes anymore is going to the bathroom on the other side of the yard after eating her breakfast then finding a sunny spot to warm her old bones. And I'm getting my results from my watch, that being a screen shot from the S.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I used to enjoy short walks to the fridge... And to the door to pay for delivery... Lol.. Seems like a lifetime ago..

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to enjoy short walks to the fridge... And to the door to pay for delivery... Lol.. Seems like a lifetime ago..
I wish I could get away with that myself but alas even with walking extra miles every day the battle of the bulge isn't going the way I want. I enjoy food too much to be skinny, can't see myself eating that weird Californicationt type of stuff I've never heard of and doesn't even show up on Google searches.
Ceri, that's meant to be self deprecating humor .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To make it simple.. Eat steak, chicken, Turkey.. And be sensible with your carbs.. Lots of fruit and vegetables.. Its what it boils down to.. :)

marthinollys

Reaction score
I wish I could get away with that myself but alas even with walking extra miles every day the battle of the bulge isn't going the way I want.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Maybe, but do keep at it! Walking does WONDERS if you make it a regular part of your routine.

Note 4