Which way is up?

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I love the soft buttons. My challenge is it's often difficult to determine which way is 'up' on the Gnex when I pick it up in dim light (next to me on the couch and such) at home at night because at a glance it's hard to tell which way is up. I have a silicone case which makes it worse because it's harder to find the power on button. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have a good solution? I tried applying some florescent nail polish on the case - a dot front and center top - but it didn't last.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only protection on mine is a screen protector so finding the power button is easy for me. Guess you'll have to make some kind of marking on your car

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I do the same thing all the time. I have the extended battery and an Incipio case. The clinking light throws me off being on the bottom; I'm dyslexic and just figured it was my cross wired brain!!

I just laugh at myself, flip the phone around and go about my business.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There should be an opening at the bottom for the charging port... Feel got that and go from there...

~it's not just a phone~

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When I go to use it in the dark I usually locate the camera and go from there.

prowler85

Reaction score
Personally I feel for the power button and when I can't find it I flip the phone around and try again. Can't think of any more scientific or better way to do it. On another note, as I do this I usually turn the volume up or down at the same time. Stupid phone designers - never put the volume button directly across from the power button - my one and only complaint about my sexy GN.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I still hit the volume button every now and then by accident. Finally starting to get used to it though lol.

OP
pheitmeyer

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
Personally I feel for the power button and when I can't find it I flip the phone around and try again. Can't think of any more scientific or better way to do it. On another note, as I do this I usually turn the volume up or down at the same time. Stupid phone designers - never put the volume button directly across from the power button - my one and only complaint about my sexy GN.

Yes I do that ALL the time!

OP
pheitmeyer

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
View attachment 45764View attachment 45765

I fixed my issue as good as I can. Like i mentioned before, feeling for the power button doesn't work because my case makes it flush. So I made 3 shallow holes with the ball bit dremmel and then filled them with day-glo green paint. Works for me.