Which roms work with the new 2.3.340 update?

Big Fate

Reaction score
As the title says, dont wanna brick my phone flashing a rom that doesent work properly yet with the new update. Does apex work? Or rubix?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As the title says, dont wanna brick my phone flashing a rom that doesent work properly yet with the new update. Does apex work? Or rubix?

This is guidance, not an actual answer:

Check the original post (post #1) for whichever rom you are thinking about installing. The developer will have noted which system version the rom is built for. If they support multiple builds with different versions, that is also noted by the dev.

Trust me, no one is here to try and brick your phone due to lack of information. The only one responsible for bricking their phone is the one who doesn't read instructions :).

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
The good news is that if you have upgraded to 2.3.340 via OTA (or properly via manual processes), then you can SBF back to 2.3.320 pretty much regardless of how bad you brick your phone. Once you SBF to 2.3.320, then you can "System-Only" SBF to 2.3.340 and then you'll be back to where you are now. Do be careful because that's an annoying process but it's not really all that bad. The first time I had to do it, it took me ~1.5 hours but now I can do that just as quickly as I flash a ROM (now that I've learned how to do it properly and have a machine setup with the proper software on it).

That said, here are the ones I know of (I guarantee I'm missing many, probably some big ones too):

Fission 2.3.1
Rubix 1.9.0
Darkslide v4.1
Tranquility 3.6.0
Ultimate Droid RC2

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The good news is that if you have upgraded to 2.3.340 via OTA (or properly via manual processes), then you can SBF back to 2.3.320 pretty much regardless of how bad you brick your phone. Once you SBF to 2.3.320, then you can "System-Only" SBF to 2.3.340 and then you'll be back to where you are now. Do be careful because that's an annoying process but it's not really all that bad. The first time I had to do it, it took me ~1.5 hours but now I can do that just as quickly as I flash a ROM (now that I've learned how to do it properly and have a machine setup with the proper software on it).

That said, here are the ones I know of (I guarantee I'm missing many, probably some big ones too):

Fission 2.3.1
Rubix 1.9.0
Darkslide v4.1
Tranquility 3.6.0
Ultimate Droid RC2

LOL, Posting in the Fabolous forum and didn't even recognize Apex...tsk tsk tsk.

Apex 1.3.0

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

Fission 2.3.1
Rubix 1.9.0
Darkslide v4.1
Tranquility 3.6.0
Ultimate Droid RC2

LOL, Posting in the Fabolous forum and didn't even recognize Apex...tsk tsk tsk.

Apex 1.3.0

I've not ran Apex in a long time so I'm not directly familiar with it anymore. That said, I got here via the "Active Topics" link and didn't even look at what forum the thread was in.

Like I said, I'm most definitely missing some major ROMs. Nothing against Apex, I know it's a great ROM and tons of people love it! My familiarity with it is just dated. :)

(P.S. Just because I listed the roms doesn't mean I think they're the best. It just means they are the ones I have personally tried on 320/340. In fact, 2 of them were so bad that I couldn't run them for more than about an hour. Actually, one wouldn't last more than about 5 minutes.)

jhanford

Reaction score

Wouldn't doing the .320 SBF take you back to the older kernel?

If you take that route, I would not do just the system-only SBF, but the kernel update too (as posted on MyDroidWorld - Your #1 Android source!)

droidxchat

Reaction score
The OP was like... "I want to know if Apex works on 2.3.40... but instead of taking 10 seconds to read ANY thread, I'm going to take 30 seconds to create my own. Cuz I love clutter on the forums, its my favorite."

jhanford

Reaction score
The OP was like... "I want to know if Apex works on 2.3.40... but instead of taking 10 seconds to read ANY thread, I'm going to take 30 seconds to create my own. Cuz I love clutter on the forums, its my favorite."

In all fairness, the question was more open than that, but it *was* misplaced - should have been in the main Droid X Rom forum

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score

I read like crazy on this forum, just like reissurance when it comes to situations like this

In all fairness, the question was more open than that, but it *was* misplaced - should have been in the main Droid X Rom forum

But yea you're right, the thread is in the wrong section. Didnt even realize myfault

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

Wouldn't doing the .320 SBF take you back to the older kernel?

If you take that route, I would not do just the system-only SBF, but the kernel update too (as posted on MyDroidWorld - Your #1 Android source!)

You're correct - thanks for keeping me from spreading misinformation. :)