Which phone is best?

cruisinkc

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a blackberry tour to a droid incredible. I like the phone a lot but I am wondering if I need a bigger screen or a physical keyboard as the one on the incredible feels cramped at times. I like the sense UI but it isn't a deal breaker if I don't have it.

My 30 days is up on Dec 10th to switch phones. I wanted opinions on if I should switch to the X or possibly the merge if it comes about before the 10th. When I looked at the X in the store I thought it was possibly a little too big for my liking but I know a lot of people say once you start playing with it, it doesn't seem as big. Also, I wanted some feedback about sense and motoblur UI's and which do others prefer?

Thanks for the feedback a head of time.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both the X and the Droid 2, which has a slide out keyboard, are good phones. I'd stop by a store to handle the phones and play with them as much as possible then choose one or play with a friend's phone if they have one of the models you like. As for not like the UI, if you are up for rooting the phone you can change that around, and even if you aren't there still are alternative home screen apps for non-rooted phones too.

larockd

Reaction score
For me the DroidX 's screen size is perfect. You can type quite well on a screen like this. I came from a Droid 1 and an Eris. The original droid was ok as far as screen size goes. The Eris was completely too small and the 4.3 in. of the X is perfect. As for as ui goes, the ui on the x is closer to stock Android than Sense is. I personally hated sense and rooted the eris in the first hour of ownership. The stock ui of the Droid x is much nicer than sense to me. It's not hard to root it and install an AOSP rom if you don't like it also.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, another typical device selection thread...

Which phone is best?
Best is always highly subjective. What are you looking for? What do you want? What do you need? What's nice to have? What can you live without?

Think about it this way. What's the best car? The answer is going to vary from person to person depending on what they're shopping for and how they intend to use it. I mean, it does no good for me to rave about my canyon carving convertible if you're shopping for a pickup truck (or a van, or a sedan, or a GT, or an SUV, or a CUV, etc etc). "Best" is always about finding what suits you best. You need to provide your criteria for others to offer relevant suggestions.

When I looked at the X in the store I thought it was possibly a little too big for my liking but I know a lot of people say once you start playing with it, it doesn't seem as big. Also, I wanted some feedback about sense and motoblur UI's and which do others prefer?
What others prefer doesn't matter unless you're talking to people with identical needs/wants. It's what you prefer that matters. It sounds like you need to spend some time with the devices and UI's to determine your preferences. Randomly polling people will only tell you what's popular which isn't the same thing as what suits you best.

Last edited: